Gutted

jacko264

Featured Posts

28 minutes ago, jacko264 said:

Hi all 

I'm sat at home gutter that I should be on a narrow boat going along the K @ A  on our two weeks holidays  we had to cancel because of the virus 

Graham

I presume they let you rebook?

Most hire companies seem to be being pretty accomodating about changes.

36 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Sorry to hear your of your dilemma. You are not alone, they didn't do it on purpose just to you.

Could be worse, you could go on the boat, get Covid19, and end your life on a ventilator.

What would you prefer? 

TD'

Strewth.

I think the OP just wanted to vent a bit of frustration at losing their holiday. I dont think they needed a lecture about the alternative worse case scenario.

46 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Strewth.

I think the OP just wanted to vent a bit of frustration at losing their holiday. I dont think they needed a lecture about the alternative worse case scenario.

Not a lecture, just the dark reality.

TD'

• Greenie 1

We have not had a boat holiday for some years now due to the health issues of a couple of the ‘crew’, Im Indoors being on a waiting list for a hip replacement and business considerations, this year was going to be it, everyone healthy, hip replaced, space in the diary, all going tickets boo.

We decided we would like to try the canals Ooop North, so, stuffed with the virus and stuffed with the stoppages!!

Edited by Dyertribe

2 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

You will look forward too it even more next year.

We have had to cancel our weeks boat hire in Belgium this year but we will have a great time when we do get there next year.

where are you going we will look out for you

35 minutes ago, Rumsky said:

If you meet Tracy D'arth on your next holiday, you'll definitely sink. 

Why? I'm nice really, but the lockdown is beginning to get to me.

Can we talk about anything else please?

If you tell me where you are going I'll stand the whole crew a drink to make amends.

TD'

49 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Why? I'm nice really, but the lockdown is beginning to get to me.

Can we talk about anything else please?

If you tell me where you are going I'll stand the whole crew a drink to make amends.

TD'

I was only jesting at the apocalyptic nature of your post. 

Never fear, we are at the beginning of the end (of lockdown). 

On 28/06/2020 at 19:56, Dyertribe said:

We decided we would like to try the canals Ooop North

From Saturday you can.  Leeds Liverpool locks are open daily from Monday, passage to the Lancaster is available until next week, the Rochdale is open, the Bridgewater is open.

Aire & Calder is open, most of the Calder & Hebble is open but you can't use it as a through route because of the damage at Figure of Three.

A couple of stoppages listed for the Huddersfield Narrow but that's normal and some of them are just water issues.

Where were you thinking of going?

2 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

From Saturday you can.  Leeds Liverpool locks are open daily from Monday, passage to the Lancaster is available until next week, the Rochdale is open, the Bridgewater is open.

Aire & Calder is open, most of the Calder & Hebble is open but you can't use it as a through route because of the damage at Figure of Three.

A couple of stoppages listed for the Huddersfield Narrow but that's normal and some of them are just water issues.

Where were you thinking of going?

As one of our holiday group has leukaemia we have shelved all plans for holidays anywhere this year, we will reassess the possibilities in 2021 and will be seeking advice on where and who to hire from after Christmas. 

52 minutes ago, Dyertribe said:

As one of our holiday group has leukaemia we have shelved all plans for holidays anywhere this year, we will reassess the possibilities in 2021 and will be seeking advice on where and who to hire from after Christmas. 

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm not trying to be insensitive, but have you asked the person with leukaemia if that's what they want to do?

(That's from close family experience, not my usual sarcasm ... )

I feel your pain, we have a yearly holiday the same week in May every year  (and sometimes a sneeky second holiday later in the year) and have been for around 12 years also. Unfortunately I had to let my crew go without me last year due to work constraints and then the virus this year... It's now been over 2 years since I've been on the cut and getting severly land-sick!

Thank goodness for youtube, I've been driving my partner mad with all the vloggers! ?? 

Next May can't come soon enough and I'm considering an Autumn cruise, if my partner can get time off from her work, for just the two of us...

5 hours ago, jacko264 said:

Hi All

next week we are going for a walk along the Pockalington cut just to keep sane I might even take the windlass just to help anyone going though locks ??

Graham

I doubt you'll get much opportunity to lock many boats through there Im afraid.

But it is a nice walk. I sometimes park up at the top and walk to Melbourne and back (or turn sooner if my knee is playing up!)

Please may I have some sympathy too?

We were booked to go on the Clyde puffer VIC 32 this week for a trip to include Colonsay.

?

N

On 3 July 2020 at 22:50, Theo said:

Please may I have some sympathy too?

We were booked to go on the Clyde puffer VIC 32 this week for a trip to include Colonsay.

?

N

Of course you can  we all just have to look to the future   and get ready for the next boat outing 

Graham

Bin the boring houses and live on a boat. Move back into a house when u r too old and frail to boat, simples. Sat in the middle of nowhere at a fab site int motorhome for a few days as I type then boating again next week ?