Splashback on Juno - wot glue

Featured Posts

Pictured is the cabin wall just below the window and behind where there was once a cooker - grease and what have you has got onto the wall, which is carpeted. I'm doing temporary stuff to be more comfortable whilst doing the rest of the refurb and I have an offcut (see other pic) that will fill the space nicely. Idea is to paint the offcut white and stick it in place.

Take the carpet off first or stick the wood to the carpet? This is a temporary solution to stop visitors going "ugh" - and what glue to use?

Thank you all ?

20200628_155243.jpg

20200628_155249.jpg

If the carpet comes off easily then remove it first. If it wants to destroy the backing board before coming away then leave it. I’d use Evo-Stick or similar contact adhesive. It’s gonna stick well and is good enough for a temp job. Other opinions will be along to disagree shortly...

I would take the carpet and vinyl off that wall if at all possible before putting the new piece on. You want to get rid of as much as that mildew from the boat as possible.

The vinyl parts of our roof lining and wall linings are held on with silicone sealant.

You can buy rolls of the foam backed vinyl covering for not a lot of money online. They are easy to keep clean and wipe down.

48 minutes ago, Loddon said:

I would remove the carpet if possible and I would be tempted to use Gripfill mind you it might not come off later. ;)

I used Gripfil for the linings on my side hatches, it was a chisel job to remove the plywood 10 years later

• Happy 1