Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
The Happy Nomad

Post your favourite cover of a song...

Featured Posts

23 hours ago, Stilllearning said:

If you ever need good music to drive to......

A splendid record. For anyone who's unsure, this is Taj Mahal with a revival of a Country & Western song by Dave Dudley from five or six years earlier. I discovered it - as I'm sure some other people here did -  on one of CBS' budget-priced "Rock Machine" L.P.s around 1970.

1 hour ago, Athy said:

A splendid record. For anyone who's unsure, this is Taj Mahal with a revival of a Country & Western song by Dave Dudley from five or six years earlier. I discovered it - as I'm sure some other people here did -  on one of CBS' budget-priced "Rock Machine" L.P.s around 1970.

Great song.

First heard it back in 1970, when it was on a CBS "sampler" compilation LP that I bought called "Fill Your Head With Rock".

That LP introduced me to several musical giants including Johnny Winter and  Leonard Cohen. 😁

Edited by cuthound
CBS not CBA. Bluddy spillchucker. Lol 🤣

29 minutes ago, Athy said:

I thought it was Carl Montgomery and Earl Greene, and on the Going Home album?

Rock Machine I Love You has A whole Lotta Love from The Natch’l Blues album, and Rock Machine Turns You On has Statesboro Blues from The Taj Mahal album. Nerdy moment :)

ETA, oh, it was on Fill Your Head with Rock, was it? My brother has that, I don’t.

Edited by Stilllearning

52 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Great song.

First heard it back in 1970, when it was on a CBA "sampler" compilation LP that I bought called "Fill Your Head With Rock".

That LP introduced me to several musical giants including Johnny Winter and  Leonard Cohen. 😁

Exactly, that was the third volume in the Rock Machine series from CBS. I think there was a fourth one, Rockbuster, but I bought only the first three. What a revelation those albums were.

48 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

I thought it was Carl Montgomery and Earl Greene, and on the Going Home album?

They composed it. I don't know if they recorded it.

The song is most strongly associated with Dave Dudley who had the American hit with it (which I remember hearing on Radio Luxemburg!)

I only recognised this one from the lyrics. 

It is the theme to the current Volvo advert and IMO not a patch on the original.

It does however meet my criteria of being very different to the original.

• Greenie 1

22 hours ago, cuthound said:

I only recognised this one from the lyrics. 

Same here, when I first saw the TV ad. I just couldnt place it so had to give in and Google it.

I don't like it much either.