Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Post your favourite cover of a song...

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

And this. Completely different from the original

Sounds very different in human!

• Greenie 1

Before the Animals did it but still a cover.

A bunch of session artists who supported other acts on an American TV show.  They used to warm up the studio audience before transmission with various versions of well known songs.  Before long everyone wanted this one, and they had to form a group and record it.  I still like The Animals version, but love this rock version.

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

9 minutes ago, BWM said:

Before the Animals did it but still a cover.

Indeed, some say it may even be 16th Century in origin (long before New Orleans existed). This one by The Rats is rarely mentioned and has long been one of my favourites

Just a bit more adult than the Fiddley Diddley version from Thin Lizzy

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

?

Realised I have no idea how to post ootoob videos to look like ootoob videos so scrubbed it.

1 minute ago, Rumsky said:

Realised I have no idea how to post ootoob videos to look like ootoob videos so scrubbed it.

Just click the share link on the vid and then paste it here.

Or let us know the cover version and someone will do it for you.

5 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Just click the share link on the vid and then paste it here.

Or let us know the cover version and someone will do it for you.

Taa, done. That didn't seem to work before, it just posted the link in writing. 

The Ukulele Orchestra of GB are enormous fun...

Heroes

I can't find it online, but the other year Madness did cover 'Highway to Hell' by AC/DC at Cropredy. That was marvellous.

6 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I never knew that was a cover, but its one of my favourite tunes of recent years.

Here is the original with Mama Cass

Lots of great covers to choose from but going for this one. CCR original is a favourite, yet somehow Tina can ramp up the energy to 11. And it's about the river!

• Greenie 1

9 hours ago, zenataomm said:

A bunch of session artists who supported other acts on an American TV show.  They used to warm up the studio audience before transmission with various versions of well known songs.  Before long everyone wanted this one, and they had to form a group and record it.  I still like The Animals version, but love this rock version.

Their only U.K. hit. They tried to repeat the formula by reviving 'Heartbreak Hotel', a smallish hit in the States, before fading away.

6 hours ago, BilgePump said:

Lots of great covers to choose from but going for this one. CCR original is a favourite, yet somehow Tina can ramp up the energy to 11. And it's about the river!

Surprisingly, in view of its long slow intro, this has become a Northern Soul favourite in recent years.