hi all just got a boat bit of a project

wildbill

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Looks like a good foundation to build on.

Where are you planning to use her ?

Its quite intimidating in the Humber with all those big boats tootling up and down the river.

We looked at putting one of our boats into Grimsby but she was too big to be lifted out using the Hoists in Grimsby so we ended up mooring in Hull for a year, they couldn't lift her there so when she needed her bottom cleaning we went down to Plymouth

only canals she has a sound hull ther is a small leek in one of the windows and another one but i will sort the then a good rub down and paint her the previous owner made a right mess of it 

bill

• Happy 1

On 29/06/2020 at 08:16, buccaneer66 said:

I would say nothing wrong with that name it's an egyptian goddess https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis#:~:text=Isis is a goddess in,greatest goddesses of Ancient Egypt. 

Unfortunately these days it's become more synonymous with terrorists than goddesses. I'm sure the name Adolf used to be perfectly acceptable in Germany and to a lesser extent other European countries too, however few sensible parents would consider giving that name to their new baby since the war. The historcal connotations associated with names can change - sometimes negatively.

• Horror 1

Image may contain: indoor

their was a horrible bit of joinery their taken it out i am sure i can do a bit better but it will be bodge it and leg it this aria will be setting and dining aria more insulation to go in but not that stuff the last booger used i will bodge it a bit better

have to sort out that mess next really big bodge coming on bonus i don't have to buy cooker or sink :)

No photo description available.

theiy will be re upholstered

i have spent most of the afternoon bodging and ripping out things   i don't want to get carried away or i wont get any use out of it this year so sum thing will be bodged just to get by so we can use it this year it the finish that maters my old man used to say 

bill

• Greenie 1

15 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Any chance of a moderator moving this to the boat building and maintenance section, as I think it could be a long one and that’s where it’s suited. Thanks

I will just stop posting on it or they can always delete it or lock the thread :(

BILL

6 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

they wont lock or delete, may be will move it... so best to carry on here. @Athy

Why have you put "@" in front of my name?

Sometimes a topic could fit into two or more sections of the site. This one fits neatly into "New To Boating", because Bill is. It might also fit into "Boat Building And Maintenance", but it isn't there. I can't see how a move would affect contributions to it, so we'll leave it where it is if you don't mind.

4 minutes ago, Athy said:

Why have you put "@" in front of my name?

Sometimes a topic could fit into two or more sections of the site. This one fits neatly into "New To Boating", because Bill is. It might also fit into "Boat Building And Maintenance", but it isn't there. I can't see how a move would affect contributions to it, so we'll leave it where it is if you don't mind.

I dont care either way... just some people want to keep track of progress and would want to regularly visit a specific section... I don't, I usually check the 'live topic'

I assume you get a notification when I add @ in front if your username...

how did u know I mentioned you otherwise? did you just stumble upon this thread?

9 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

how did u know I mentioned you otherwise? did you just stumble upon this thread?

Not sure who "u" is, but I didn't "stumble" across it, no: it appeared on the "View New Content" page, as do all threads  to which new contributions have been made, except political ones.

2 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

So, like, u, have switched off the notification system.

:D

Is there one? 

Edited by Athy

Just now, Athy said:

Not sure who "u" is, but I didn't "stumble" across it, no: it appeared on the "View New Content" page, as all threads  in which new contributions have been made, except political ones, appear.

'u' mean 'u' or anybody else who is mentioned ?

oh.... and 'u' keep checking new posts? seems tedious.

1 minute ago, restlessnomad said:

'u' mean 'u' or anybody else who is mentioned ?

oh.... and 'u' keep checking new posts? seems tedious.

How very non-U.

I'm not sure about your second point: if one doesn't look at "View New Posts", one won't know if there are any to read.

1 hour ago, wildbill said:

I will just stop posting on it or they can always delete it or lock the thread :(

BILL

It won’t get locked, but it’s better to have a think before you post on the subject and I know your new but the theme is about boat building and maintenance. As you can see from the above replies, there nothing to do with your initial question and the thread can easily get bogged down and off topic. That’s why the different sections are there to post in.

Edited by PD1964

32 minutes ago, wildbill said:

boluks to this i was told to avoid this forums now i know why it all ended up just a load of crap wast of six punds  i am out of her bye

bill

With that attitude you won’t be missed let alone understand the help given Bill.

Edited by PD1964