Braunston Past

mykaskin

Featured Posts

Hi everyone,

Braunston historic rally isn't happening this year, so here is a video from 2009 that has never been released before: It's on a 'Premiere' which starts at 6pm tonight (in 30 mins time), so watch it with friends:

Youtube clicky

Cheers,

Mike

• Greenie 3

3 hours ago, mykaskin said:

Hi everyone,

Braunston historic rally isn't happening this year, so here is a video from 2009 that has never been released before: It's on a 'Premiere' which starts at 6pm tonight (in 30 mins time), so watch it with friends:

Youtube clicky

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for posting that Mike, very interesting. I was there in 2009 moored on the Puddle Banks, but (fortunately) do not seem to appear in the video. I did take some photos at the rally of some of my friends making fools of themselves entertaining the crowd, which does not apperar in the video so here is a shot of them:-

2115779409_Morris02.jpg.ef4739051bb143e6ae14ca6c86ef7ba4.jpg

4 hours ago, mykaskin said:

Hi everyone,

Youtube clicky

Cheers,

Mike

A few faces there no longer with us

9 hours ago, jake_crew said:

Did they really back the butty round the turn ?  I love the bonneted butty steerer cutting the bushes !

Yes we did. That was Sheena on Angel cutting the bushes. One year after more than a few brushes with the bushes on the Saturday parade a bunch of us went out on the Saturday evening Sheena's other (modern) boat on a hedge cutting cruise. An hour or so later we had filled the well deck, the roof and the cruiser stern deck with foliage, which was later offloaded into the bin compound.

Edited by David Mack