Tad warm

Sanddancer

Featured Posts

I've had my boat for a couple of months during tempest and heatwave. The choppy stuff has been fine given adequate precautions and as for the heat... no fans and way cooler than living in a house in this heat.  Just open the doors front and back - plus the side hatch - and the massive steel twinky turns into a natural wind tunnel.

Happy Days.

29 minutes ago, Sanddancer said:

In your dreams also in my wishes soon I hope.

No, not in my dreams :D the bar is open here outside in the garden. Lots of people having a great time :cheers:

2 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

cant imagine how it will be inside a metal box... am inside house and feels like my face is on fire.. 

I took all my windows out today and had a slight breeze. It didn't go over 32 degrees ?

• Horror 1

4 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

cant imagine how it will be inside a metal box... am inside house and feels like my face is on fire.. 

Luckily, some boats are built with doors and hatches, even luckier ones have windows and roof vents.

Ours have been open all day with flyscreens fitted allowing the gentle breeze to keep the boat cool. Being sat in a pool of water at around 20 degrees C helps keep everything far nicer than a 'ouse.

Saying that, we are still sat outside with a lovely Sauvignon Blanc as it would be a shame to be inside on an evening like this.

20200625_213846.jpg

• Greenie 2

Been stripping the roof using a scrabbler.. About 2/3 done but teeth on machine shot (thank god) . Wouldn't have managed any more as the roof temp got up to 45 c . Keeping an eye on forecast  and may go back again on Sunday  for the final 1/3. 

My whole body hurts.

7 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Luckily, some boats are built with doors and hatches, even luckier ones have windows and roof vents.

Ours have been open all day with flyscreens fitted allowing the gentle breeze to keep the boat cool. Being sat in a pool of water at around 20 degrees C helps keep everything far nicer than a 'ouse.

Saying that, we are still sat outside with a lovely Sauvignon Blanc as it would be a shame to be inside on an evening like this.

20200625_213846.jpg

Hey , back home and sitting on the patio with a bottle of that. Why have you got more in your bottle than I have in mine.?

8 minutes ago, Rickent said:

We came through Birmingham today, from Curdworth locks to Catherine De Barnes and only saw one boat moving all day.

That's busy for that stretch outside of BCN challenge movements. 

Good to see Garrison and Camp Hill weren't in flood.

3 minutes ago, matty40s said:

That's busy for that stretch outside of BCN challenge movements. 

Good to see Garrison and Camp Hill weren't in flood.

I've never seen people so excited to see a boat.

What a glorious day it was. Got plenty done in the garden, though nothing overly strenuous. Then, about six, to the riverside for a barbecue, interspersed with trips back to the house to replenish supplies of cold beer (me) and cider (Mrs. Athy). Sat out until 9.20, quite comfortable in shorts and short-sleeved shirt. Went back indoors at sunset and lo! and behold there was a programme on telly about the Kennet & Avon. As perfect days go, it was pretty darn' perfect.

This morning it feels humid. Rain, which will do the garden good, is forecast, 

We are really struggling to keep our house at a comfortable temperature. Every room bar the downstairs loo and small bedroom have a south facing window so we are competing not only with the heat but high solar gain as well which is just compounding the problem. The house isn't losing much heat over night so as the hot days continue the heat inside the house is just rising further. It is 26 degrees in the hallway as I type this and that is one of the cooler areas in the house.

We do look set to get some thundershowers and rain today which should hopefully cool things down a little.

We are giving serious consideration to getting air conditioning fitted to this house.

8 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

We are giving serious consideration to getting air conditioning fitted to this house.

And this time next year you’ll no doubt consider it seriously again ;)

I can’t justify the expense to myself for the handful of days a year we might appreciate it