Portable Radio?

Clodi

Featured Posts

Thank you everyone for your comments. On the boat I already have an external aerial for the 'mi-fi' ( incidentally the Vodafone mi-fi works a treat in Ireland) so it's no bother adding an external FM/DAB aerial on the boat. It's really hard to find a portable radio with an aerial socket. Ocean FM is the local station in Ireland& it's great for keeping abreast of relevant information . It has to be portable so it can be used in the workshop, polytunnel etc. The cottage is pretty much 'off-grid' definitely no TV so the radio is pretty important.

On 25/06/2020 at 12:42, Detling said:

Unlikely to get good reliable reception in a steel box with holes bit better with big windows. On the roof will be fine, we have found very few areas with poor signal between London and Leeds via Oxford. We have a Phillips old style with an external aerial socket and have an aerial on the roof.

Likewise I've never had a problem with reception on my Pure portable DAB or FM car radio inside the boat. But I use an external antenna. If you don't then of course the signal will be patchy and you can't really blame the radio manufacturer or DAB technology itself for that!

You wouldn't think of trying to watch your TV on the boat without connecting it to an external antenna would you?

Edited by blackrose