Retired Gay Guy with 45ft narrow boat seeks male companion for short and longer trips.

huami

Featured Posts

Retired Gay Guy with 45ft narrow boat seeks male companion to help on short and longer trips. Experience is not necessary, just a helping hand at the locks etc. You have your own sleeping quarters on board and there would be all facilities (WiFi, shower, good food and no costs).

Possibly nice for someone who would like to try Narrowboat life before taking the plunge themselves? Or just as a "No Cost" holiday in these financially tight times?

Contact me if you would like more details:

Neil

20200318_120154.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

?️‍? Firstly, sorry for disappearing but I lost all my login information and I have also been busy on Twitter. My Twitter ID is @Neil_Huami so if anyone would like to say hello again it would be great to hear from you. I also plan on posting and chatting again on here very soon.
At the moment I am still in Whilton Marina (Northamptonshire) but will be setting out again (hopefully!) on 1st April.
I still have my offer open if anyone would like to join me on my travels (just get in touch).
I hope that everyone is in good health and not going crazy from being so isolated?

• Greenie 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi , I read your topic with great interest,  having spent the afternoon walking the canal near Ellesmere ( Shropshire) with my 2 dogs and then this evening one eye on the TV the other on advertisements for canal boats . 

I have enjoyed canal holidays in the past in the U.K. & France where I have lived ( not on a boat ) for the past 7 years having returned to the U.K. last December 2020 

Financial Stable but not quite sure where to take my life over the next few years . I have a house in the U.K. Nr Oswestry but a boat is also possible. 

my main worry at the moment is as a single boat secured and handling lock on my own ,  I Resume you are happy with this

michael 

40B6E199-7CDC-4DA2-8B20-2C956108A9C8.jpeg

• 5 months later...

Hi Huami, 

I've not been active on this website for quite some time, so have only just read your post. 

I have been on around Four canal boating holidays so I've had some experience on the canal network. 

I am based in Cheshire. 

If you are still looking for help aboard your boat I'd love to hear back from you. 

Edited by Terry B 1962

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since this post, but I was wondering if you are still looking for company.

Canal boating would be a completely new experience for me, but I am a practical sort, an excellent student and I cook reasonably well.

I don't really know what I am expecting to get out of it, but I have an open mind and it would be lovely to have some company on my first fact finding mission!

Hope to hear from you soon,

Robin

073.1165.8669 Hi Robin, Thanks for your message. I have been touring for the past 6 months and am booked in to moor up for the winter at Whilton Marina, near Daventry. I will stay there on my boat until the beginning of April next year. If you would like to contact me for a chat my WhatsApp is 073.1165.8669. Possibly I might hear from you? Neil. 

• Love 1

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Theo60 said:

Hi if your ever Cheshire way I’d love to join you in your narrow boat. , if your between malkins bank and mostram let me know. 

Huami may well be in your area at present/soon as I spotted him last week heading towards Llangollen near Ellesmere. 

Hi Theo, I just saw your reply so sorry for the late reaction. I was actually getting ready to delete this Canalworld.net site from my desktop as the people on it are unbelievably immature. I think I am already outside of your location but if you want to send me a DM I will try to reply. Thanks again. 

• Greenie 1

On 28/06/2022 at 13:47, huami said:

Hi Theo, I just saw your reply so sorry for the late reaction. I was actually getting ready to delete this Canalworld.net site from my desktop as the people on it are unbelievably immature. I think I am already outside of your location but if you want to send me a DM I will try to reply. Thanks again. 

Hi buddy I can’t direct message you as I’m a new member so please message me. 
I look forward to hearing from you 

9 minutes ago, Theo60 said:

Just do a few posts and you will be able to use message thingy.

5 hours ago, Theo60 said:

Once you get up to five messages I think you can use the DM system. Or it used to be five anyway.

Weird why they have this restriction here. I can't imagine what the point of it is.

5 minutes ago, MtB said:

Once you get up to five messages I think you can use the DM system. Or it used to be five anyway.

Weird why they have this restriction here. I can't imagine what the point of it is.

Its to stop spammers joining the forum and then flooding the membership with DM's

7 minutes ago, MtB said:

To stop a spammer signing up and firing off DMs to everyone on the members list.

The (now deceased)  Lonely Planet travel forum was one place that was abused to ludicrous levels.

ETA:

@The Happy Nomad

got in first!

Edited by Puffling

Just now, Theo60 said:

I know  very strange I think it’s ten now   But thanks thanks for passing on message 

No its not strange. There is a reason for it.

MTB has been around long enough and should really know what its for.

14 minutes ago, Puffling said:

To stop a spammer signing up and firing off DMs to everyone on the members list.

The (now deceased)  Lonely Planet travel forum was one place that was abused to ludicrous levels.

ETA:

@The Happy Nomad

got in first!

I don't really see what stops said spammer posting five rubbish posts then firing off all their DMs.

Just now, MtB said:

I don't really see what stops said spammer posting five rubbish posts then firing off all their DMs.

I think the clue would be 'the rubbish posts".......

Derrr....