Isleham lock (river Lark) closed

Martin44

Featured Posts

Apparently, one of the bearings on the guillotine was showing signs of wear on inspection. Getting the spare parts (according to EA) is what takes time in this case.

Let's just hope it will be repaired soon as I am currently stuck on the other side and need to go to do my boat's blacking.

26 minutes ago, Martin44 said:

Apparently, one of the bearings on the guillotine was showing signs of wear on inspection. Getting the spare parts (according to EA) is what takes time in this case.

Let's just hope it will be repaired soon as I am currently stuck on the other side and need to go to do my boat's blacking.

That's bad luck. It's a nice little stretch above the lock, but that's not a lot of use!

8 minutes ago, Martin44 said:

Update: Isleham lock open again.

Hopefully, EA will tackle now the moorings in Prickwillow, as it was shut over 2 years due to asbestos in the railings.

Some photos from Prickwillow, your wishes being fulfilled. A bigger project than I had imagined!