Possible emergency loo option

MrsM

Featured Posts

Knowing how much you all enjoy debating different types of boating loo I thought I would share this. I was talking to a friend and telling her how tricky it is arranging to view boats when there is scant access to public conveniences on route due to lockdown. She told me about this product. It's basically a foldable porta-potti in a bag that uses some type of absorbing gel rather than liquid chemicals. Probably an expensive solution to a simple problem but anyway ...... it's at www.popaloo.co.uk. 

14 minutes ago, MrsM said:

Knowing how much you all enjoy debating different types of boating loo I thought I would share this. I was talking to a friend and telling her how tricky it is arranging to view boats when there is scant access to public conveniences on route due to lockdown. She told me about this product. It's basically a foldable porta-potti in a bag that uses some type of absorbing gel rather than liquid chemicals. Probably an expensive solution to a simple problem but anyway ...... it's at www.popaloo.co.uk. 

I have one on the boat

7 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

And........

Well its just like a composting loo really, you crap in a bag and put it in a bin. I carried a Portapotty for 17 years and used it once, so this frees up a lot of storage space. Not had to use it yet and hope if planning goes well I never need to.

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

Well its just like a composting loo really, you crap in a bag and put it in a bin. I carried a Portapotty for 17 years and used it once, so this frees up a lot of storage space. Not had to use it yet and hope if planning goes well I never need to.

Do you really require all the extra gubbins and expense if it's for an emergency crap in a bag you've never needed? Surely all you really need is a bag (plus a degree of accuracy)! :wacko:

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Do you really require all the extra gubbins and expense if it's for an emergency crap in a bag you've never needed? Surely all you really need is a bag (plus a degree of accuracy)! :wacko:

I suppose not, but its nice to sit on something, I suppose I could have gone bucket and chucket as I have buckets onboard already so would only need the seat which would be easy to store. But then there are loads of things I don't really need