Open again?

Peter Thornton

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Peter Thornton said:

Johnson on his feet at the moment announcing the great unlocking. Very significantly, he is implying that the various measures ref social distancing, meeting up etc will become "advice' rather than law.

Yes this is really good news - allowing people to use their own judgment rather than rules. Obviously if things get worse then it will need to change but nice we're at the stage where we can be grown ups again. Roll on 4th July!

What is reopening in England?

Here is a reminder of what can reopen in England from 4 July - a week on Saturday:

• Hotels
  • Bed and Breakfast
  • Holiday homes
  • Campsites
  • Caravan parks
  • Boarding houses
  • Places of worship
  • Libraries
  • Workplace canteens
  • Bars
  • Pubs
  • Cinemas
  • Museums and galleries
  • Outdoor playgrounds
  • Funfairs
  • Theme parks
  • Amusement arcades
  • Model villages

1 minute ago, Silebyman said:

still possible I suppose they could clamp down again when the second spike arrives..Would be a bit unfortunate if you are 2 weeks away from home at boat speed

Why?

You are living on your boat at that point.

1 minute ago, Silebyman said:

still possible I suppose they could clamp down again when the second spike arrives..Would be a bit unfortunate if you are 2 weeks away from home at boat speed

True, but i think any further spikes will be localised - I'd be very surprised if we see a further national lockdown.

12 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

True, but i think any further spikes will be localised - I'd be very surprised if we see a further national lockdown.

More than suprised, I would be gobsmacked. No economy, no life, it is that simple.

It is a massive set of changes that he has announced.  I was not expecting you to be allowed to have another family stay in your house.  For us we just need Wales to make the same changes so we can go see our son.

Anyway I serviced the boat yesterday, so it is all ready to go on the 4th.

Just now, john6767 said:

It is a massive set of changes that he has announced.  I was not expecting you to be allowed to have another family stay in your house.  For us we just need Wales to make the same changes so we can go see our son.

Anyway I serviced the boat yesterday, so it is all ready to go on the 4th.

Ours is all loaded up ready for the off on the 4th July. I fully expect that the usual half hour run to the boat will be at least an hour and a half though as everyone else is trying to get to their holiday homes and caravans on the East Coast.

1 minute ago, Mike Todd said:

Just remember that it is not a requirement to be less than 2m from other people! You can still be sensible and do the right thing!

Providing of course other people don't move nearer to you in say a queue.

7 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Under the new guidance from 4th July they will be able to move closer and be 1m away from you. Not a lot you can do about that.

• Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, Jerra said:

I realy think you need to stay at home. Dare you ever cross a road or drive a car?  Have you ever done anything remotely dangerous? Do you not accept how very serious the state of the economy is to over 67 million people?

12 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Ours is all loaded up ready for the off on the 4th July. I fully expect that the usual half hour run to the boat will be at least an hour and a half though as everyone else is trying to get to their holiday homes and caravans on the East Coast.

Lol, we are staying firmly tied up, it will be worse than a bank holiday weekend. Four nights booked away already booked weeks ago for the motorhome from Monday the 6th :cheers:

6 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Under the new guidance from 4th July they will be able to move closer and be 1m away from you. Not a lot you can do about that.

Which is exactly the point I was making to Mike Todd.   He said it wasn't mandatory but in effect if you want to be out and about it is mandatory.

7 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I realy think you need to stay at home. Dare you ever cross a road or drive a car?  Have you ever done anything remotely dangerous? Do you not accept how very serious the state of the economy is to over 67 million people?

Yet again you answer before you think.  You should try it sometime.  If this post isn't merged with my reply to NC read it and then think.

I think the rock climbing including one of the fairly early ascents of the Old man of Hoy were slightly dangerous.

Crossing the road, of course I do, but unlike you I judge how far away the vehicle is and if it is safe to step off the kerb before I do.

Couple that with you have assumed I was saying something I wan't.

All the latest boating news including events and stoppages

View this email in your browser

e222ab91-74a5-45d9-a1b6-569bc8afb08f.png

Staying on your boat

Hi Boater!,

As you may have heard, the Government has today announced measures to continue the easing of lockdown. Importantly, this means that from Saturday 4 July all boaters in England will be able to stay overnight on their boats. 

While longer journeys are now possible, and our navigations are open in full, please bear in mind that booking for some passages and services will be required. Anything that is likely to affect your boating will be listed on our website.

In Wales, you can go out on your boat if you can do it locally. This generally means not travelling further than five miles to where your boat is moored. There should be no overnight stays on boats, no landing in any place beyond the immediate local area and a return to the point of departure. The restrictions on staying local could be lifted on Monday 6 July, if conditions allow, and we will update further when this is confirmed. 

Stay safe, happy boating,
Damian
Boating communications manager

color-facebook-48.png

color-link-48.png

1 hour ago, Jerra said:

Just try! They might wither instantly in my glare . . . 

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

According tonews at lunchtime, 1m is the average social distance under normal conditions anyway!