Member Map issue ?

Featured Posts

Hi all.

I've been a member on here for 6 years, and I'm fairly certain that I've seen my name correctly placed on the member map in the past. 

But another member has pointed out that I'm not on there at the moment. My location is on my profile, so it's not obvious why I'm not on the map.

Not important, but it seems a little odd. 

John

1 minute ago, John Brightley said:

Hi all.

I've been a member on here for 6 years, and I'm fairly certain that I've seen my name correctly placed on the member map in the past. 

But another member has pointed out that I'm not on there at the moment. My location is on my profile, so it's not obvious why I'm not on the map.

Not important, but it seems a little odd. 

John

Have you actually gone onto the map and 'told it where you are' ?

I'm sure its not clever enough to link to your avatar location.

• Greenie 1

On 22/06/2020 at 22:26, RichM said:

I don't believe the member map uses profile fields to obtain your location. Those who wish to appear on the member map need to submit their location on the map, which is obviously optional.

This is correct as far as I am aware, you can then enter your location with as much detail as you like, from country down to full post code. I would suggest stopped at atleast half-postcode level!