Times are getting tough

TheBiscuits

Featured Posts

I know a lot of people are struggling financially at the moment, but I hadn't realised just how bad it is getting.

Today I have seen at least 12 family groups of 6 or 8 people who must have moved into 23-28 foot cabin cruisers since yesterday.  There were none of them out and about on Thursday when it was raining, but on a sunny weekend it seems 3 or 4 generations have just become liveaboards ...

Hmm.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheBiscuits said:

I know a lot of people are struggling financially at the moment, but I hadn't realised just how bad it is getting.

Today I have seen at least 12 family groups of 6 or 8 people who must have moved into 23-28 foot cabin cruisers since yesterday.  There were none of them out and about on Thursday when it was raining, but on a sunny weekend it seems 3 or 4 generations have just become liveaboards ...

Hmm.

Likely that they have Bubbles on their boats to give them more bouyancy with that number on board.

5 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Why are you wearing red comedy glasses?

'Cause some bright spark (who cant be mentioned but their name starts with Jen i* ***  :giggles:) couldnt see the black mask so didnt get the joke with my strap line.

Thought I better change it so it was a bit more visible.

Edited by Dr Bob
  • Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

6 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

'Cause some bright spark (who cant be mentioned but their name starts with Jen i* ***  :giggles:) couldnt see the black mask so didnt get the joke with my strap line.

Thought I better change it so it was a bit more visible.

Ahhh as I can't see strap lines it still makes no sense  :)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Ahhh as I can't see strap lines it still makes no sense  :)

The strap line says "....always wear a mask to avoid the virus".

For the last month I have been sporting a 'lone ranger' type mask on my avatar but it was coloured black (to be accurate to the lone ranger) but looks like no one could see it ?. The red jobby is a bit more visible.

• Greenie 1

Just now, Dr Bob said:

The strap line says "....always wear a mask to avoid the virus".

For the last month I have been sporting a 'lone ranger' type mask on my avatar but it was coloured black (to be accurate to the lone ranger) but looks like no one could see it ?. The red jobby is a bit more visible.

If you have to explain the joke...

:):)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tree monkey said:

If you have to explain the joke...

:):)

I know!

Tell me about it!

If Jen hadnt posted, I would have been none the wiser. I always view it on a laptop where the black mask was perfectly clear....if you knew to look at it.

Prolly best to go back to fish jokes.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, TheBiscuits said:

Well full marks to Cheshire Council who seem to have rehoused them all by Monday morning...

... and magically found them local boat club moorings for the cabin cruisers too!

No, not rehoused. At least one family of eight on a L&L dayboat last Monday (in the sun).