Watch out on those Rivers

matty40s

Featured Posts

Last nights thunder and torrential rain (21:00 to 01:00) has pretty much filled up the 7 mile pound from Atherstone to Glascote.

The pound was about 6 inches down before last night, so that is a lot of water

1 hour ago, cuthound said:

Last nights thunder and torrential rain (21:00 to 01:00) has pretty much filled up the 7 mile pound from Atherstone to Glascote.

The pound was about 6 inches down before last night, so that is a lot of water

23,625 tonnes.

50 minutes ago, mark99 said:

23,625 tonnes.

Amazing, just started with the heavy rain and thunderstorms again. If we get as much as last night it will take the cut up to bank level, not allowing for the drain off wiers.

45 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Amazing, just started with the heavy rain and thunderstorms again. If we get as much as last night it will take the cut up to bank level, not allowing for the drain off wiers.

I'm floating again :)

Bet it's made Mark on calypso trip a lot easier

11 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

No thunderstorms forecast for today but it is properly chucking it down :rolleyes:

And the forecast (for around here, anyway) is that it'll continue chucking it down for the next 5 hours or so.  That'll please the farmers.

19 minutes ago, WotEver said:

And the forecast (for around here, anyway) is that it'll continue chucking it down for the next 5 hours or so.  That'll please the farmers.

It should please me as well but right now why can't it rain at night :)

I'm wet , Van's steaming up, everything's bloody soaked.

Our garden is appreciating the water. Doesn't bother me either way. I'm not going anywhere today, got to venture out with the dog at lunchtime but don't think we will go far in this weather, just around the block.

Works a bit slow so will get a few things done around the house while I have the chance.

57 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Same here my allotment will be very happy, no work on the campervan today though so will give boat a good cleaning 

Peeing it down here. Have you seen how the prices of campers has gone up!! If I wasnt busting a gut to get out in mine I would flog it for some profit.

• Greenie 2

Just now, mrsmelly said:

Peeing it down here. Have you seen how the prices of campers has gone up!! If I wasnt busting a gut to get out in mine I would flog it for some profit.

I paid 3I for mine pre lockdown some panels, paint and interior work and I am turning down offers of 8k plus so tempted to sell, will pop down and see you when we can. 

Just heard Dame Vera Lynn has died bless her  RIP Vera

1 minute ago, peterboat said:

I paid 3I for mine pre lockdown some panels, paint and interior work and I am turning down offers of 8k plus so tempted to sell, will pop down and see you when we can. 

Just heard Dame Vera Lynn has died bless her  RIP Vera

Yep, come and stay ont site .................sad about Vera :(

46 minutes ago, Rickent said:

We are ready to take the boat out today and the levels are rising.?

You've had 3 months of drought and want to take your boat out today.....?

The tributaries are very full already, sit tight unless Sileby Lock is free.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, matty40s said:

You've had 3 months of drought and want to take your boat out today.....?

The tributaries are very full already, sit tight unless Sileby Lock is free.

Had 10 weeks off work and cracking weather, but wasn't allowed to move, the day we were allowed I was recalled into work. Now have two weeks off work and we are in flood, you really couldn't make it up.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1