Banks for No Fixed Abode

Andy_Nye

Featured Posts

Hi , 

I am hoping to take early retirement by next year and to own a narrow boat on our lovely UK Canals.

One hurdle i am coming up against is a BANK account that lets me have a NO FIXED ABODE option.

I have no family where i can use thier address , and dont want to put the pressure on to the limited friends i have.

Open to advice and suggestions 

Thanks

Andy

I use HSBC.. with a boatmail account. The bank are well aware of my NFA circumstances and it is no problem at all. Any need for banking post and replacing lost cards etc can be forwarded to the most convenient branch. I've found them very helpful.

• Greenie 1

20 minutes ago, Andy_Nye said:

Hi , 

I am hoping to take early retirement by next year and to own a narrow boat on our lovely UK Canals.

One hurdle i am coming up against is a BANK account that lets me have a NO FIXED ABODE option.

I have no family where i can use thier address , and dont want to put the pressure on to the limited friends i have.

Open to advice and suggestions 

Thanks

Andy

Years ago when I moved from a house I told Barclays and they used my local branch as my address. It was funny as they used to collect my mail and give it to me when I went in. Today and for some years i just use email and the land address is a rellies from years ago.

2 hours ago, Chappo said:

I use HSBC.. with a boatmail account. The bank are well aware of my NFA circumstances and it is no problem at all. Any need for banking post and replacing lost cards etc can be forwarded to the most convenient branch. I've found them very helpful.

Thats great to hear .  Will go down to my local branch friday and see what they offer ..  thanks for the info 

I went to the local branch of my bank  ( Lloyds ) and asked them the same question and they said we'l let you use our address so thats what ive done ..they even said i can use it for direct debits etc..i dont have letters etc sent but as a care of address administratatively is been a godsend