Maintaining credit file when living aboard

NB DW

Featured Posts

Just now, doratheexplorer said:

I don't know you so I had no idea what you've been doing.  I was trying to be of help.  In your position, I'd be tempted to simply stop paying and put the ball firmly in their court.  Then make a county court claim for the payments already made. 

At the risk of another spiky response - have you involved your MP or ward councillors?

The local councillor Jan French supports the charging of council tax on boats and was the one who pushed for it to be done.  Fenland is classed as most rotten borough in England by the Electoral Reform Society. It's not so much a council but a cartal

The local MP will not get involved until complaint process is completed.

18 hours ago, nbfiresprite said:

The local councillor Jan French supports the charging of council tax on boats and was the one who pushed for it to be done.  Fenland is classed as most rotten borough in England by the Electoral Reform Society. It's not so much a council but a cartal

The local MP will not get involved until complaint process is completed.

In the area I work, there are 72 local councillors.  70 are Labour and 2 are independent.  Such dominance by a single party always leads to corruption and complacency.  I imagine Fenland suffers from a similar dominance by a single party - just a different party.

Interestingly, there are 4 MPs covering the area, and as of the last general election, 3 are now Tory, which has never happened before.  I suspect it's made the local labour councillors a bit nervy!!!

16 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

In the area I work, there are 72 local councillors.  70 are Labour and 2 are independent.  Such dominance by a single party always leads to corruption and complacency.  I imagine Fenland suffers from a similar dominance by a single party - just a different party.

Interestingly, there are 4 MPs covering the area, and as of the last general election, 3 are now Tory, which has never happened before.  I suspect it's made the local labour councillors a bit nervy!!!

In the case of Fenland at the last local elections, 14 councillors were elected without a vote, hence the rotten borough. Anyone who tries to stand against them, soon redraws from the list of  candidates. 

On 15/06/2020 at 22:09, Graham Davis said:

Why? You pay the Council Tax and add it to the tenant;s rent charge.

Not on our rental properties, we don't. I don't know whether this varies from region to region.

47 minutes ago, Athy said:

Not on our rental properties, we don't. I don't know whether this varies from region to region.

Around here both systems seem to apply, although it is mostly the short term ones that include the council tax 

I spoke to a mortgage broker today and explained the circumstance over the letting and me being on a boat with no fixed address.  They came back to me 30 minutes later having spoken to NatWest - they came up cheapest - being 100% honest about my situation.  They were fine with it, as my LTV is low and so long as I have a forwarding address!  Even better is I've banked with them for over 20 years, so really shouldn't be an issue.

I'm made up with that.