Featured Posts

39 minutes ago, Oddjob said:

As far as I know when I renewed mine just a few weeks back it was stated display on BOTH sides. And today gone past 3 boats with no number name or license on Trent & Mersey. 

Liking the chat on this subject, and another thought came to mind make boat license part of marina mooring charges I know this makes them a tax collector but they do that for vat already so nothing new there then. just a thought.

regards to all

Boat clubs are agents for CRT and sell licences to their members

22 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

No its a condition of being allowed to moor AND be able to access services.

I've not missed any point at all.

If I pulled up at a marina to fit fuel water etc they DO NOT check if I have a license my point is they would HAVE to check no license no service. Also Ive been marinas and boats are not showing a valid license so not all marinas are checking, however make your license in with your mooring fee you can bet your last shilling that you will have to pay up. Also as I said in the 1st post if the CRT increase miles to be done to be a CC just think of all those boats having to go and find a place in the new marinas being built as they can not do the miles required, then CRT get its money as the marina will have to collect it.

Also as I said so many boats 3 today no markings at all, so who do the CRT contact, all boats with no markings should be tagged as "Abandoned" so taken away for disposal, sale or scraped. Again I pay, you pay so should the free loaders.

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, Oddjob said:

If I pulled up at a marina to fit fuel water etc they DO NOT check if I have a license my point is they would HAVE to check no license no service. Also Ive been marinas and boats are not showing a valid license so not all marinas are checking, however make your license in with your mooring fee you can bet your last shilling that you will have to pay up. Also as I said in the 1st post if the CRT increase miles to be done to be a CC just think of all those boats having to go and find a place in the new marinas being built as they can not do the miles required, then CRT get its money as the marina will have to collect it.

Also as I said so many boats 3 today no markings at all, so who do the CRT contact, all boats with no markings should be tagged as "Abandoned" so taken away for disposal, sale or scraped. Again I pay, you pay so should the free loaders.

I say again. Just because a valid licence is not on display does not mean the boat is not licensed. 

You also misunderstood my point. I was talking about accessing services as a moorer.

BTW do you really spend your boating time trying to spot boats without markings.?

Edited by The Happy Nomad

54 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I say again. Just because a valid licence is not on display does not mean the boat is not licensed. 

You also misunderstood my point. I was talking about accessing services as a moorer.

BTW do you really spend your boating time trying to spot boats without markings.?

You’re banging your head on a brick wall with this one. 

On 13/06/2020 at 17:16, Izz said:

Was it you who went past me early yesterday, shouting to your mate about my displayed license being three years out of date with a look on your face like somebody was holding a turd under your nose?

For your information, I am fully licensed.

The dole pay it for me. ??

?

you are the official troll of CW... well done... 

1 hour ago, Oddjob said:

If I pulled up at a marina to fit fuel water etc they DO NOT check if I have a license my point is they would HAVE to check no license no service. Also Ive been marinas and boats are not showing a valid license so not all marinas are checking, however make your license in with your mooring fee you can bet your last shilling that you will have to pay up.  

I don't move marina when my licence runs out so how would that work, would I have to relicense each time I move, also you have missed the point that just because a license is not displayed doesn't mean its not licenced  

I can't see that there's anything CRT can do about a boat that displays no name, number or licence.  Technically, I suppose they could get the police to arrest the owner for breaking the law, but I'm not sure your local copper would be very happy about it.  They could refuse to allow it through any CRT manned bit of kit, but they don't as the employees aren't really equipped to handle the aggro.

And most of us would resent yet more bureaucracy.  The confusion over licence display is entirely Parry's fault, but then he knows a lot about trains....

There are freeloaders in every walk of life, I'm not convinced karma doesn't get them in the end.  Not worth bothering about.

• Greenie 1

On 14/06/2020 at 14:01, Oddjob said:

another thought came to mind make boat license part of marina mooring charges

Sounds good to me as I don't moor in a marina.  Not sure how that helps though, as boats can have a variety of licence types or discounts which are all at different prices.