PlusGas vs Screwfix No Nonsense Penetrating Oil

Featured Posts

36 minutes ago, WotEver said:

It does say for the No Nonsense one you have to be 18, or over to buy it. No such restriction for the Norton Plusgas. Is that a consideration? ?

• Haha 1

One of them is 3 1/2 times more expensive than the other, which must be a consideration. I'd rather keep using what I always have, which is cheaper than either of the above choices, and it is what I know works for me ......... https://cpc.farnell.com/wd40/44106/wd40-5l-applicator/dp/SAWD405L?mckv=sO4vdK0FT_dc|pcrid|224653462065|kword||match||plid||slid||product|SAWD405L|pgrid|47398149059|ptaid|pla-902692058760|&CMP=KNC-GUK-CPC-SHOPPING&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlcLfrob86QIVVuDtCh2IWw5-EAQYASABEgKpqfD_BwE

46 minutes ago, Bod said:

Plus gas, you know it works!

WD40 may be cheaper, but it's a different product, that does have some penerating properties, but not in the same league.

Bod

Oh yeah, I use WD 40 for water displacement and PlusGas for penetration; horses for courses...  I just wondered if the Screwfix offering was as good as PlusGas as it’s a fair bit cheaper. 

54 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

One of them is 3 1/2 times more expensive than the other, which must be a consideration. I'd rather keep using what I always have, which is cheaper than either of the above choices, and it is what I know works for me

But I don’t want a water displacer, I want a penetrating oil. 

14 minutes ago, Ex Brummie said:

I think the No Nonsense product is more akin to WD40 than Plus Gas . I must admit, the last plus gas I bought was in a spouted can rather than an aerosol.

I always buy the can version. It’s better in my opinion because you can trickle it down the threads. 

• Happy 1

1 hour ago, Ex Brummie said:

I think the No Nonsense product is more akin to WD40 than Plus Gas .

I suspected as much, thanks :)

1 hour ago, Ex Brummie said:

I must admit, the last plus gas I bought was in a spouted can rather than an aerosol.

1 hour ago, frangar said:

I always buy the can version. It’s better in my opinion because you can trickle it down the threads. 

Yup, I shan't be buying the aerosol