Midland Chandlers

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, blackrose said:

I think I've only used them once and they seemed fine, but if Midland Chandlers are so great why do some people on this forum refer to them as "Midland Swindlers"?

"Swindlers" relates (I think) to the pre Arleigh days when they were a bit top end on price BUT Arleigh addressed that but now the whole empire, as with many others, is increasing its focus on mail order which lockdown has obviously influenced as it has with every aspect of shopping

4 minutes ago, Cheshire cat said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that Arleigh had bought ASAP supplies too, but then Arleigh themselves have been swallowed up by Eurocarparts

... who are in turn owned by LKQ Corporation of Chicago

10 minutes ago, Cheshire cat said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that Arleigh had bought ASAP supplies too, but then Arleigh themselves have been swallowed up by Eurocarparts

LKQ Corporation swallowed the whole lot recently. Arleigh, Aquafax, Misled Swindlers, ASAP, Euro Car Parts, not many independants left.

TD'

Edited by Tracy D'arth

Didn’t know ASAP were part of Arleigh, but that seems a bit academic now.  Not surprisingly, considering cost of property, loans and rates, the world seems to be moving to on- line sales,especially as delivery is much better sorted.

No substitute for wandering around a chandlery looking for that essential item you didn’t know you needed.

• 11 months later...

Revamping the topic. I now know why they are refreed to as Midland Swindlers. I've been waiting for a Freaky Friday or similar and they are having a 10% sale this weekend (not like the good old days when there was 20% up for grabs). Low and behold, the fridge, water pump and no doubt various other items I was going to buy have had their prices bumped up since yesterday! Grrrrrrrrr. ?

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Midland Chandlers replied swiftly to my email regarding my disappointment. Shoreline had changed the model and with the £20 price increase which is automatically reflected in MC's online pricing. As a sign of goodwill and with several friendly and prompt emails and a phone call, their area manager offered a further 5% making a total of 15% off everything inlcuding a new water pump, acculmuator and various sundries.

So, all in all, EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

• Greenie 1