Government realises boats exist!

frangar

Featured Posts

20 hours ago, Jerra said:

How is the risk any less going to a boat than to a holiday home?

I think the idea is to limit travel risks, cut traffic accidents etc.

The Scottish message is simple "stay at home".

It's obvious to all: Don't go to mass protests/raves etc.

Edited by LadyG

5 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I think the idea is to limit travel risks, cut traffic accidents etc.

The Scottish message is simple "stay at home"

I would agree.  However the reason I was asking is because so many boaters eem to think they have a divine right to be treated differently to those on land, or worse just ignore what we are being told to do because they are a special case.

Edited by Jerra

10 minutes ago, Jerra said:

I would agree.  However the reason I was asking is because so many boaters eem to think they have a divine right to be treated differently to those on land, or worse just ignore what we are being told to do because they are a special case.

Yes, I 've seen someone who was over-nighting on and off for weeks, and showering on a different boat!

Selfish idiots are found all over the country.

Edited by LadyG

2 hours ago, LadyG said:

Yes, I 've seen someone who was over-nighting on and off for weeks, and showering on a different boat!

Selfish idiots are found all over the country.

Fear not we will be able to moan about different selfish idiots soon who take root on CRT visitors moorings.

• Greenie 1

I might have missed it in my skim of this thread, but do we currently have any indication of when we might be able to stop overnight on our own boats?

Similarly when hire companies will be allowed to hire self contained self-drive hire boats with overnight sleeping permitted, to existing household bubbles.

I understand at least one hire company is working to 4th July as a date, and taking bookings accordingly, however I do not know the basis of this date.

Thanks

1 minute ago, DHutch said:

I might have missed it in my skim of this thread, but do we currently have any indication of when we might be able to stop overnight on our own boats?

Similarly when hire companies will be allowed to hire self contained self-drive hire boats with overnight sleeping permitted, to existing household bubbles.

I understand at least one hire company is working to 4th July as a date, and taking bookings accordingly, however I do not know the basis of this date.

Thanks

4th July seems to be being bounded about a lot by camping/caravan orgs and we are similar.....

1 minute ago, DHutch said:

Thanks

I can't say I have seen anything specifically for boats but the holiday let industry seems to be taking the 4th as the date.   We have bookings for the 4th.

On 17/06/2020 at 09:07, Alan de Enfield said:

Primary Residence

A primary residence is the main home someone inhabits. Your primary property can be an apartment, a houseboat or another form of property that you live in most of the year.

For your home to qualify as your primary property, here are some of the requirements:

• You must live there most of the year.
  • It must be a convenient distance from your place of employment.

I wonder what the idiots would make of this: my former colleague whose employer is based in Co Durham and his places of work are in Leeds and Sheffield lives about 20 miles outside Inverness; he generally telecommutes but spends about 1 week in 4 in the office?

Also, is the use of two words that mean different things and consequent confusion intentional or simply carelessness?

38 minutes ago, DHutch said:

Thanks

As we know from today’s Wales briefing, they are looking at the opening up of self catering on 13 July, which I would take as including boats.  With that in mind I would expect that England would go first, so my money would still be on the 4 July or a date shortly after that.

1 minute ago, matty40s said:

Boat hire companies are starting on July 4th, day boats are out already to family groups. This meets .Gov guidelines rather than CRTs daft rules. The Norfolk Broads has day boats out to family groups from 3 weeks ago.

Is that 4 July confirmed by Boris yet or still wishful thinking

5 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

They are starting, like the pubs and others to save their businesses. 

Boris will follow, like he does.

Edited by matty40s

6 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Boat hire companies are starting on July 4th, day boats are out already to family groups. 

Yes, should have said, but I've seen say boats are on hire. 

5 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Might be one and the same...

Daniel

18 minutes ago, matty40s said:

They are starting, like the pubs and others to save their businesses. 

Boris will follow, like he does.

The manager of our local chain pub was out powerwashing the outside seating area this afternoon.

Hopefully a positive indication.

I think its pretty clear industry bodies like those that represent pubs, retail, camping, etc etc. get briefed about opening dates and then somebody remembers to let Boris know so he can 'announce' it.

19 minutes ago, WotEver said:

That's really positive news.

Ill be able to eat chips again! I've only had chips once in the last 3 months- a take away from the Braunston Frier a couple of weeks ago. The beer has been in plentiful supply but not chips!