Do you use a tea pot?

jenevers

Featured Posts

6 hours ago, Goliath said:

I like mixing teas, putting together whatever’s left.

Mixing teas. A potentially very hazardous thing. In the kitchen of a bunk house we stayed in last year there was a packet of Yorkshire Tea, by Taylor's, a packet of Lancashire Tea, also made by Taylor's and a big tea pot. You can guess what comes next.

What would be the result? What would the blast radius be? Would the crater be visible from space? Human sacrifice, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria? Would the contradiction rip apart the fabric of space-time and consign the entire universe to oblivion?

We survived and the brew went down well. Could it be that the leaves being confined within the bags prevented them from mixing with disastrous result? Or could it be that Taylor's of Harrogate put Lancashire on the packet of the same tea so they could sell them over the border. I see a scandal here more outrageous than even Dom in Barnard Castle.

Jen

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Mixing teas. A potentially very hazardous thing. In the kitchen of a bunk house we stayed in last year there was a packet of Yorkshire Tea, by Taylor's, a packet of Lancashire Tea, also made by Taylor's and a big tea pot. You can guess what comes next.

Tudor Tea?

5 hours ago, tree monkey said:

I take my tea black, I spent 6 months in Canada helping some friends to make their knackered house winter proof, as they were both vegans milk wasn't available, no problem I got used to it quickly and I never really liked milk anyway so never used it apart from my brew.

Anyway back in the UK, i was looking forward to my first proper brew with milk, foul absolutely foul, never put milk in my brew ever again.

Strong black with 1 level spoon of brown sugar.

Saying all this, I seem to wake up to more cold brews than i actually drink nowadays :)

19 minutes ago, Dyertribe said:

Having drunk tea in various parts of the world, including Tibetan style with Yak butter, I've found that Americans make the very worst. What can you expect from a country that started by throwing tea leaves in to cold salt water.

Jen

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies
  • Greenie 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, tree monkey said:

I take my tea black, I spent 6 months in Canada helping some friends to make their knackered house winter proof, as they were both vegans milk wasn't available, no problem I got used to it quickly and I never really liked milk anyway so never used it apart from my brew.

Anyway back in the UK, i was looking forward to my first proper brew with milk, foul absolutely foul, never put milk in my brew ever again.

Strong black with 1 level spoon of brown sugar.

I drank my tea black for a few years after visiting Poland, and coming home to a milkless house.

After several cups when people accidentally "forgot" and put milk in mine, I capitulated to convention. Fairly strong, not too much milk, no sugar, thanks.

52 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

I drank my tea black for a few years after visiting Poland, and coming home to a milkless house.

After several cups when people accidentally "forgot" and put milk in mine, I capitulated to convention. Fairly strong, not too much milk, no sugar, thanks.

It's funny but I can taste the tiniest drop of milk in my tea, almost like a coffee drinkers house where they use coffee contaminated spoons in the sugar  :)

55 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

After many years of having random other people making me a brew, my current standard is "hot, wet and delivered."

I don't really mind if it's tea or coffee, white or black, sugared or not.  If I'm making it myself it's usually white coffee no sugar though. 

MrsBiscuit drinks white tea with just a tiny amount of sugar in it.  "Just enough to mess me about" is the correct measure - a wet teaspoon dipped in the sugar and shaken off would be too much - but she can tell if I "forget" to put it in.

23 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

I don't believe for a moment that one bag is enough for three mugs, though - not if the mugs are the same capacity as we have in our house. That would be over a litre of weak tea!

So your mugs hold nearly 0.6 pint? Are you sure?

Never mind tea pot vs mug brewing, bags vs loose leaf, or milk vs no milk, the real question we need an answer to is:

Dunkers. Are they

1. A terrible affliction, the sufferers of which we must have compassion? OR
  2. The worst, most awful human beings to ever exist?
Edited by Jen-in-Wellies
  • Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Never mind tea pot vs mug brewing, bags vs loose leaf, or milk vs no milk, the real question we need an answer to is:

Dunkers. Are they

13 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Dunkers. Are they

Providing they aren't dunking in my mug I don't care!

14 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Dunkers. Are they

I say it depends on @TheBiscuits but in the words of Mandy Rice-Davies, "Well he would, wouldn't he!"

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, jenevers said:

So your mugs hold nearly 0.6 pint? Are you sure?

Yes, 335ml is more than half a pint.

I don't do pints in mugs, let alone decimal pints!

And before anyone pulls me up on it, I do beer in glasses, usually glasses big enough for 500ml plus a head. In other words, pint glasses. 

On 08/06/2020 at 19:16, tree monkey said:

I dont drink tea, but do like a good cup of coffee.

I drink it black because when I was about 18 I had a mate who would invite everyone back to his place after the pub shut, add food colouring to each cup of black coffee and laugh insanely when your cup of coffee turned red (or blue or green) when you added the milk.

He never tired of the joke but I did after my first cup of his coffee.

Edited by cuthound
To add a missing letter
  • Greenie 1