Driving Licence with no residential address

Featured Posts

Just now, NB Tranquillity 1 said:

As the title suggests, what can we do about a driving license without a residential address? Will the DVLA accept a family member's address? What do people do?

Yes they will. I contacted them many years ago re this and after a check was made to his supervisor I was told to use a rellies address. I still at present use a rellies address.

29 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Yes they will. I contacted them many years ago re this and after a check was made to his supervisor I was told to use a rellies address. I still at present use a rellies address.

Me too.

4 minutes ago, Rickent said:

Me too.

To be fair the authorities simply have to accept facts whatever legislation says. Some years ago when a driving instructor I had to get a CRB check as it became a legal requirement of being a driving instructor. I put on the form that I had no address as I lived on a boat and was told it was unacceptable as the requirement is a postcode. I refused and was told I wouldnt get the bit of paper. After much argy bargy on the telefone with someone high up at their end I refused to pretend to live in my correspondance address as I lived on my boat, afer all the document is all about honesty. They refused so I said as a retired police ossifer in receipt of a pension from the police and a form showing exemplary conduct from them and on discharge from the Royal Navy the same and having held 8 full justices on and off licence how the Daily mirror would love to run the story how I was denied the crb thing. I heard nothing more for a few days then the form duly signed by them arrived at my correspondance address with my home address shown as my boat