Defence discount card

Clanky

Featured Posts

I can vouch for the discount card, and there are a raft of businesses signed up to offering discounts.  It costs £4.99 for 5 years. 

WHO QUALIFIES?

•  Serving Armed Forces  Reserve Forces   Spouses/Partners of serving personnel  HM Armed Forces Veterans (ex serving)  MoD Civil Servants  Bereaved Family Members
  •  
  •  War/Service Widow(er)s  Cadet Forces (over 16)  NATO Personnel in the UK

A real no-brainer.

28 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

If companies can afford to give a 10% discount to these groups, it means all the rest of us are paying for it. 

Just sayin' like.

Funnily enough I would never use one. Every year when my police pension bumff comes through I get a booklet with dozens of companies offering police pensioners various discounts. I am also entitled to the forces card. Don't blame anyone else for using one its just me. 

31 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

If companies can afford to give a 10% discount to these groups, it means all the rest of us are paying for it. 

Just sayin' like.

That's hardly news.  In marketing speak, it's called "extracting consumer surplus". If you can make a profit by selling widgets at £5, the trick is to sell them for £5 to people who wouldn't buy them for £10, whilst selling them for £10 to people with enough money not to care.

MP.

Indeed - the same argument applies to any special offer of that nature. There is also the kudos companies think they attract by their "generosity", just like the supermarkets vying with each other to be seen to support the NHS in recent months.   

14 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I am also entitled to the forces card. Don't blame anyone else for using one its just me. 

I'm not blaming anyone for taking advantage of what is available, just pointing out a truth (apparently an obvious one). 

10 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

Indeed - the same argument applies to any special offer of that nature. There is also the kudos companies think they attract by their "generosity", just like the supermarkets vying with each other to be seen to support the NHS in recent months.   

I'm not blaming anyone for taking advantage of what is available, just pointing out a truth (apparently an obvious one)

is there any specific reason you want to point out the obvious 'truth', do you go around telling people who receive benefit the same (hey its our money you are taking, never mind, enjoy)