Stanground lock

Felshampo

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

Stanground and Salter Lode have been open since the 23rd May for passage on to and off the Middle Level.

I was talking to someone yesterday in Bill Fen who said she refused to let them through. Told them to go back to their mooring. That's why I asked if anyone had been through. 

2 hours ago, Felshampo said:

I was talking to someone yesterday in Bill Fen who said she refused to let them through. Told them to go back to their mooring. That's why I asked if anyone had been through. 

Had they given her the correct amount of notice? thats the sort of answere you get if you havent

2 hours ago, Felshampo said:

It is clearly stated on the MLC website that the locks are open. https://middlelevel.gov.uk/navigation/

3 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Had they given her the correct amount of notice? thats the sort of answere you get if you havent

They asked her when they could come through that week, as Tina usually wants a minimum of 24 hrs notice but she said no. 

5 hours ago, Felshampo said:

They asked her when they could come through that week, as Tina usually wants a minimum of 24 hrs notice but she said no. 

I thought that, at least on CaRT waters, it is still the case that locks are not open to boaters who are not liveaboard and who need to access facilities etc?

Tina is not known for being unhelpful . . . 

Edited by Mike Todd

This is the latest update on the Middle Level Website https://middlelevel.gov.uk/navigation/

FURTHER UPDATE ON THE GOVERNMENT’S SLIGHT RELAXATION OF CONTROLS IN RELATION TO THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK

The MLC will, from Saturday 23rd May 2020, reopen all their locks and will allow vessels through them.  The manned locks at Salter’s Lode and Stanground may be used by appointment only and, due to the requirements for social distancing (and the expected desire for boaters to get out and use their boats), you should not automatically assume that you will be able to get a slot at the time or even day you hope for.

Please note that that until the Government further relaxes the COVID-19 controls in place at present (unless your boat is your residence) you should not stay on it overnight.

I hope you find this generally good news and that  you will continue to work with us as Government advice changes.

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE FROM FENLAND DISTRICT COUNCIL

Due to COVID-19 and the closure of our customer contact hubs we regret that we are temporarily unable to issue tokens for the pump out facility at our March Sanitation point. There will still be facilities for boats to use the Sluice Room and the Potable Water facilities which are still operational as normal. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

11 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

This is the latest update on the Middle Level Website https://middlelevel.gov.uk/navigation/

FURTHER UPDATE ON THE GOVERNMENT’S SLIGHT RELAXATION OF CONTROLS IN RELATION TO THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK

The MLC will, from Saturday 23rd May 2020, reopen all their locks and will allow vessels through them.  The manned locks at Salter’s Lode and Stanground may be used by appointment only and, due to the requirements for social distancing (and the expected desire for boaters to get out and use their boats), you should not automatically assume that you will be able to get a slot at the time or even day you hope for.

Please note that that until the Government further relaxes the COVID-19 controls in place at present (unless your boat is your residence) you should not stay on it overnight.

I hope you find this generally good news and that  you will continue to work with us as Government advice changes.

Due to COVID-19 and the closure of our customer contact hubs we regret that we are temporarily unable to issue tokens for the pump out facility at our March Sanitation point. There will still be facilities for boats to use the Sluice Room and the Potable Water facilities which are still operational as normal. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Yes, thanks, I saw that a couple of weeks ago. 

21 hours ago, nbfiresprite said:

So why not make it free for the duration?  I don't know the situation but it sounds like some people could try harder?

1 hour ago, system 4-50 said:

So why not make it free for the duration?  I don't know the situation but it sounds like some people could try harder?

Fenland Council don't do anything, unless it benefits them. Hence rather than repair the moorings in West End Park, they just put up signs 'Not to Use Them'.