CC disposal of oil?

Featured Posts

Google for the nearest HWRC to see if they require proof of residence, and they are within walking/cycling distance. CRT will take your oil from the refuse area at Farmer's Bridge (or would)

But generally I buy from marina/boatyard chandlery with the proviso they will take the old oil.

It's a while since I've been to Limehouse but there was a waste oil tank by the lock. Likewise there is a waste oil tank at the CRT yard at Ocker Hill (BCN)

Edited by pearley

3 hours ago, Kudzucraft said:

Curious how easy/hard is it to find places to dispose of oil on the cut for Constant Cruisers?  I have read that (some) fuel boats will take it. If you are actually cruising just curious how you find disposal/recycling places?

It’s really difficult. 

A marina might take it if your a customer. 

If you’ve a car you can take it to a dump. 
but otherwise it’s really hard to get rid of. 

it usually stays on board for a year or so before I find somewhere legit to get rid of it. 

There are household waste sites near to Thornes Lock at Wakefield and Nottingham Road bridge on the Soar in Loughborough. Both have waste oil tanks. Walking in to both sites is not easy as it is assumed that most users will arrive by car.

36 minutes ago, Richard T said:

There are household waste sites near to Thornes Lock at Wakefield and Nottingham Road bridge on the Soar in Loughborough. Both have waste oil tanks. Walking in to both sites is not easy as it is assumed that most users will arrive by car.

I think that is fairly general for household waste sites, they pretty much all ban pedestrian access, oddly enough though, they are quite content to let you in on a bike which is how I get rid of most of my oil, cycle it to a local household waste site. When you turn up on a bike they often don't bother asking for proof of residence since they assume that you cannot have come far. The only place I've had any issue was in BANES (Bath) where they do/did insist on proof of residence. In that area I also got the daftest idea for oil disposal from some yoof working in Halfords, I asked where I could dispose of waste oil since the council wouldn't take it and he told to 'just tip it down the drain'? (Don't worry, I didn't)