Dodgers - no jam

system 4-50

Featured Posts

I am looking forward to taking my granddaughters for a cruise in the near future (optimist!) and they are quite young so I need to manufacture some dodgers for my cruiser stern, and some gates for where I get on and off the boat.  I am distinctly lacking in inspiration so I would welcome any photos of what can be done from those that have them, particularly those that have been added on without major engineering work.

Edited by system 4-50

We insist on life jackets being worn when outside the boat cabin when our grandchildren are on board. They also follow basic rules like no dangling bits of their bodies over the side of the boat, no running at locks etc. We have no problems with them they have been boating from very young agaes.

On our last cruiser boat a widebeam I had doors fabricated and welded in place either side. They looked the part and stopped the dog getting off as thats why we had them put on. We have nine grandkids aged between 29 and 6 and find the younger ones have more sense lol. In fairness we always kept em inside the boat sat in fron well deck when underway with constant supervision.