Would A Fan Forced Oven Be Able To Run With 1000AH Battery Bank?

Featured Posts

Hello There,

I was just curious if any knew if I would be able to run a fan forced oven with a 1200AH Lithium Ion battery bank. Here are the specs:

• X6 Victron Energy 200AH Lithium Ion Batterys
  • Beta Marine 6.5KVA Diesel Generator (In Silenced Enclosure)

If anyone could tell me if that would work, by the way the oven is electric & fan forces (I know I said that before, I am just clarifying it). The reason why I want an electric oven is because I like cooking and prefer to cook in an electric oven.

Thanks, Barry

We cook electric but always run our electric fan oven from the generator. Admittedly our battery bank is only half yours but wouldn't take long to run them flat with a 3kw load. If your oven is like ours it takes about 20 minutes to get to temperature before the thermostat takes over.

It will (probably) run off the diesel generator, and possibly for a short while off the batteries & Inverter.

Without knowing the cooker / oven specification it is impossible to correctly advise.

Can you post a picture of the specification plate or a link to the oven specification.

44 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

It will (probably) run off the diesel generator, and possibly for a short while off the batteries & Inverter.

Without knowing the cooker / oven specification it is impossible to correctly advise.

Can you post a picture of the specification plate or a link to the oven specification.

Here is the link: https://www.smeguk.com/product/sfp6925ppze1/

Edited by BazzaTheDazza
Wrong Link

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

gas.jpeg

Folks are increasingly wanting to translate landbased services (where "capacity to supply"  is not an issue) to a canal based environment. Even with a large battery bank - as the OP has, drawing some 250  amps for a couple of hours just to "cook a joint" is taking nearly all his battery capacity at one go.

OTOH as Mr. Smelly infers a gas bottle contents is a much more sensible way of cooking on a canal boat than an electric stove.

For the OP's question - do your cooking powered by the generator  and let the well sized battery bank run the kettle via the battery bank. Your batteries wn't last long if he ises the inverter to run the cooker for any length of time....

13 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

Folks are increasingly wanting to translate landbased services (where "capacity to supply"  is not an issue) to a canal based environment. Even with a large battery bank - as the OP has, drawing some 250  amps for a couple of hours just to "cook a joint" is taking nearly all his battery capacity at one go.

OTOH as Mr. Smelly infers a gas bottle contents is a much more sensible way of cooking on a canal boat than an electric stove.

For the OP's question - do your cooking powered by the generator  and let the well sized battery bank run the kettle via the battery bank. Your batteries wn't last long if he ises the inverter to run the cooker for any length of time....

When I fitted a new shell in 99/2000 I had it overseen for the new fangled RCD nonsense by Barrie Morse. Even though I had already lived onboard boats for ten years I decided to go gas free :banghead:

I had fitted a diesel stove for cooking and wasnt going to have any gas, god only knows why? Barry after sharp intake of breath said he would fit the gas system if it were him even if only to a hob, a duly took notice and fitted gas and a four burner hob. My oh my did he save me some hassle in the long run.

There use to be a member on her who lived successfully for several years on a gas free boat using electricity, I think he called himself Bottle but cant remember the name of the boat, It had the Cotswold canals painted on the side.

Have you thought of having a house on land with an electric cooker installed?

Using self generated and stored electricity to generate heat on a boat is plain daft, it takes too much energy and time to ever be economical or sensible.

TD'

43 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

There use to be a member on her who lived successfully for several years on a gas free boat using electricity, I think he called himself Bottle but cant remember the name of the boat, It had the Cotswold canals painted on the side.

We've managed it for 13 years now.

45 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Indeed there was " Keith " sold up long ago. The oil well that used to supply him with diesel ran out. Boat was called Oakfield he had it five years.

3 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Its a silent running non polluting variable temperature rechargeable Heat light and even power device. Did you invent it?

Some muppet brought me it from 1918 ?

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Indeed there was " Keith " sold up long ago. The oil well that used to supply him with diesel ran out. Boat was called Oakfield he had it five years.

Thanks, I have been trying for ages to remember those details

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

Thanks, I have been trying for ages to remember those details

Nice couple, just b4 he moved off we bought our boat and he knew of it b4 we bought it as he knew the original owners and said we had done well and liked our boat a lot. He sold his thro abnb iirc. He did a blogg which is probably dig up able somehow? ?

Just now, mrsmelly said:

Nice couple, just b4 he moved off we bought our boat and he knew of it b4 we bought it as he knew the original owners and said we had done well and liked our boat a lot. He sold his thro abnb iirc. He did a blogg which is probably dig up able somehow? ?

Yes I use to follow it and met them several times on the cut, but once you forget the name of the of the boat its hard to trace the blog again

• Greenie 1