Pump Out on the Southern Oxford

waterdog

Featured Posts

Now that we are ok to cruise again we are thinking of leaving the Cropredy area and bimbling very slowly down towards the Thames. Our Pearsons guide for the area is quite old now so looking for some up to date info on marinas / boatyards where we can get a pump out between Banbury and Oxford. 

The first one needed will be somewhere around Aynho in about a weeks time. 

Thanks

2 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

Sovereign following a phone Call will pump out! No idea where you are presently. What’s your boats name? We are able to wave or nod accordingly.

We Passed you about 20 minutes ago :) . We've stopped just before bridge 172. Boat is called Fortuna.

42 minutes ago, waterdog said:

We Passed you about 20 minutes ago :) . We've stopped just before bridge 172. Boat is called Fortuna.

Your heading this way then, you will be passing the pig place tomorrow? If you want some PROPER pork chops and sausages pull in front of my boat and go up tut shop ?

8 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Your heading this way then, you will be passing the pig place tomorrow? If you want some PROPER pork chops and sausages pull in front of my boat and go up tut shop ?

We plan on sitting here for a few days but will stop and say hello and visit the shop. I never pass up a chance to get some proper grub :)

• Greenie 1

The Pig Place is great, lovely tasty grub fresh as fresh can be (even if it's been frozen.

Don't expect fancy packaging - just good, honest wrapping.

Please don't use the wharf supports to stop your boat - use the canal mud to do that.

Question - is the Royce still there - we haven't gone past for some time...

5 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

The Pig Place is great, lovely tasty grub fresh as fresh can be (even if it's been frozen.

Don't expect fancy packaging - just good, honest wrapping.

Please don't use the wharf supports to stop your boat - use the canal mud to do that.

Question - is the Royce still there - we haven't gone past for some time...

Yes the Rolly poly amongst other cars are still here, Dean likes his toys. He added a digger to his toys in the winter lol. Doing takeaway food only at present sat sunday 10 til 3 and its been very busy indeed, just sarnies nowt fancy but proper pork ?

23 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Yes the Rolly poly amongst other cars are still here, Dean likes his toys. He added a digger to his toys in the winter lol. Doing takeaway food only at present sat sunday 10 til 3 and its been very busy indeed, just sarnies nowt fancy but proper pork ?

Thanks YT - I always had a lust for RR type vehicles, but had to make do with Alvis products (which I submit) were nicer to drive and  used examples were affordable for ordinary folk...

4 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

Thanks YT - I always had a lust for RR type vehicles, but had to make do with Alvis products (which I submit) were nicer to drive and  used examples were affordable for ordinary folk...

My proof of how romantic I can be was that the White Rolls Royce we hired for our wedding as he was driving us to the reception I on the spur of the moment asked to buy it for the missus. I duly bought it and gave her the very car used for our wedding day...............beat that!! She was somewhat bemused when I presented her with it as at that time she drove an old metro and we were living on our boat ont K and A using a laundrette in Bath, she felt a right plonker parking that out side when it was washing day ?

• Happy 1

14 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

My proof of how romantic I can be was that the White Rolls Royce we hired for our wedding as he was driving us to the reception I on the spur of the moment asked to buy it for the missus. I duly bought it and gave her the very car used for our wedding day...............beat that!! She was somewhat bemused when I presented her with it as at that time she drove an old metro and we were living on our boat ont K and A using a laundrette in Bath, she felt a right plonker parking that out side when it was washing day ?

It's amazing how in times of adversity, folks open up with all sorts of amusing and interesting information. I've only met you once when you were rushing through "DD's cafe" and you didn't strike me as an RR owner - RREC, perhaps.... and I mean that kindly.

• Greenie 1

14 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

she felt a right plonker parking that out side when it was washing day ?

One of our neighbours bought themselves a Bentley. His wife told me “I feel really embarrassed parking outside the pound shop”

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

It's amazing how in times of adversity, folks open up with all sorts of amusing and interesting information. I've only met you once when you were rushing through "DD's cafe" and you didn't strike me as an RR owner - RREC, perhaps.... and I mean that kindly.

Lol, the times when I have been straight John Bull with people and they have said " You would be no good as a politician " I take that as just about the biggest compliment anyone can be given.