Canal re-opening

colmac

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, peterboat said:

We thought  it was seasonal flu we had no idea their was a problem cos Chinese covered it up and the WHO did cover it up because they believed the Chinese 

What complete and utter bullox, are you working for Trump??? The WHO does not have any authority to march into any country and demand data, how would your hero Trump like it if they marched into the US and demanded a reason as to why they have been so sh*te in dealing with the virus? He has done exactly what the Chinese have done and tried to cover it up, it has sadly resulted in 100,000+ dead Americans due to his total ineptitude, at least fewer Chinese have died as a result of their ineptitude.

1 minute ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

He has done exactly what the Chinese have done and tried to cover it up, it has sadly resulted in 100,000+ dead Americans due to his total ineptitude, at least fewer Chinese have died as a result of their ineptitude.

The official UK figures are 38,000 deaths.

The ONS figure (last week) was over 55,000

Even the daily conference speakers admit the ONS figure is probably correct.

Wonder what the correct Chinese figure would be ?

• Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Considerably less than 100,000 I would guess. If we are questioning the stats, what is the chance of there being any truth whatsoever in the Russian Statistics? 405,843 infections and only 4693 deaths??? With 272,830 infections we've had 38,376 deaths, either Russian has found a cure, or they are lying through their teeth.

Edited by Wanderer Vagabond

35 minutes ago, cuthound said:

But doctors have reported that in serious cases Covid-19 shows up as asevere pneumonia like lung infection, plus a wide range of other symptoms totally unlike seasonal flu.

But we had no idea that the virus existed so we wouldn't know any different would we?

2 minutes ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

Considerably less than 100,000 I would guess. If we are questioning the stats, what is the chance of there being any truth whatsoever in the Russian Statistics? 405,843 infections and only 4693 deaths??? With 272,830 infections we've had 38,376 deaths, either Russian has found a cure, or they are lying through their teeth.

Same as China?

14 minutes ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

What complete and utter bullox, are you working for Trump??? The WHO does not have any authority to march into any country and demand data, how would your hero Trump like it if they marched into the US and demanded a reason as to why they have been so sh*te in dealing with the virus? He has done exactly what the Chinese have done and tried to cover it up, it has sadly resulted in 100,000+ dead Americans due to his total ineptitude, at least fewer Chinese have died as a result of their ineptitude.

You don't know that because like the Russians the Chinese lied

10 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

They will be as quoted as he has posted in the past! Only Russian communists lie ?

8 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Same as China?

Who have reported 84,570 infections and 4645 deaths so Russia has nearly 5 times as many infections and more or less the same number of deaths. When talking of your beloved 'cover ups' we are just as guilty, have you any idea EXACTLY how many have died in the UK from the virus? no me neither.

42 minutes ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

Who have reported 84,570 infections and 4645 deaths so Russia has nearly 5 times as many infections and more or less the same number of deaths. When talking of your beloved 'cover ups' we are just as guilty, have you any idea EXACTLY how many have died in the UK from the virus? no me neither.

48k unclaimed funeral runs in Wuhan and areas says different,  remember you are the person that told me the Chinese don't use cremation and you were wrong,  it was widely reported and backed up by satellite images that the crems were running 24/7 in China, they have covered up and lied and are responsible for this pandemic! Yet you pick on the Russians as always, I live in hope that the Chinese have a vaccine and allow and fund it's free use 

Edited by peterboat

53 minutes ago, peterboat said:

But we had no idea that the virus existed so we wouldn't know any different would we?

Yes, because of the non-standard and for some severe symptoms compared with flu.

This is how China realised it had the virus.

Edited by cuthound
Missing space

1 minute ago, cuthound said:

Yes, because of the non-standard and for some severe symptoms compared with flu.

This is how China realisedit had the virus.

The problem is as we now know 10 people can get the virus and and some might not know, some mildly I'll and 1 old person dies of flu like symptoms,  it's winter and is expected so would they look to closely?

26 minutes ago, Cheshire cat said:

..... you have to do the risk assessment and decide whether you are likely to be  victim

The problem being a large number of people have done the risk assessment and think they are unlikely to be a victim.

2 hours ago, peterboat said:

48k unclaimed funeral runs in Wuhan and areas says different,  remember you are the person that told me the Chinese don't use cremation and you were wrong,  it was widely reported and backed up by satellite images that the crems were running 24/7 in China , they have covered up and lied and are responsible for this pandemic! Yet you pick on the Russians as always, I live in hope that the Chinese have a vaccine and allow and fund it's free use 

Source?

I merely question the rather unusual Russian statistics. Most countries, China included (4645 (deaths)/84570 (infections) x 100 = 5.49%), have infection/death rates of circa 5% and yet Russia seems to have a particularly low infection/death rate (4693 (deaths)/405,843 (infections) x 100 = 1.15%) , can you explain that? Has Russia found a cure? Higher infection/death rates I can understand since it probably means that they are undercounting infections but how do you get a low percentage unless you are cooking the books?

The only person responsible for the pandemic disaster in the US is Trump,('We have it under control' ( https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-coronavirus-control-us-problem/story?id=69198905 )) and you, as his spokesman, are merely swallowing his narrative that someone else must be to blame. What do you think that the WHO had the power to do if they wished to dispute Chinese data? They have no power at all, much the same as if they wish to question anyone else's data, they are not an enforcement agency. They have no power to demand entry to any country or insist upon that country taking any specific action, so what do you think they could/should have done?

Just now, MartynG said:

Mostly . But not all.

The same could be said of all causes of death...being risk adverse seems to now be the accepted norm where we must lock ourselves away which in itself is raising far more issues...for a start so many routine treatments are now stopped or people have been frightened into keeping away from hospitals...and yes I have this on first hand authority....this coupled with rising mental health issues seems to be ignored by those that want us all to stay locked away for the next 5 years plus....

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, frangar said:

The same could be said of all causes of death...being risk adverse seems to now be the accepted norm where we must lock ourselves away which in itself is raising far more issues...for a start so many routine treatments are now stopped or people have been frightened into keeping away from hospitals...and yes I have this on first hand authority....this coupled with rising mental health issues seems to be ignored by those that want us all to stay locked away for the next 5 years plus....

I think some on here want lock down for months more. Those same people woul then moan as we would no longer have an NHS or indeed anything else. 

Who or where it started is largely an irrelevance. Was Serbia, or was it Bosnia? responsible for the huge death toll of WW1. Of course not. The world was going to go to war anyway. The world was going to have a pandemic anyway, that is why even your own government ran a simulation.

This pandemic was going to deliver shit to the entire world, and it has. The quantum of shit already delivered, and the quantum of shit remaining to be delivered,  though has been almost completely determined by government action, inaction or mis action, to date in each country. Countries that covid arrived in later, did however have a huge advantage, but only if they looked beyond their borders to other countries to see what mitigation tactics were working, and adapted them for their own situation. Countries that decided they needed a unique fully locally developed solution have ended up with the biggest pile of shit to date, and seem likely to continue to keep up receiving more dumps until the shit pile is exhausted. 

I realise that I am fully open to be called out for writing a lot of shit. Guilty as charged, 

Perhaps I should have said "phlegm and sputum" instead but it doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Edited by DandV
  • Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I think some on here want lock down for months more. Those same people woul then moan as we would no longer have an NHS or indeed anything else. 

I agree. I just don’t get why they have readily accepted it....there is risk everywhere but for some reason Covid seems to scare some far out of proportion. Sadly this fear is now causing more problems than the actual virus and will continue to do so if some have their way. 

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

The fear is a return to normal  behaviours too early may well  result in a new spike in infections and deaths that is worse than the first . This would then result in a new lockdown which will then have an even greater economic impact and could then overwhelm the already stressed out NHS medical professionals .

3 minutes ago, MartynG said:

The fear is a return to normal  behaviours too early may well  result in a new spike in infections and deaths that is worse than the first . This would then result in a new lockdown which will then have an even greater economic impact and could then overwhelm the already stressed out NHS medical professionals .

Nevertheless we absolutely must have an economy or we will have no NHS not even a stressed out one. There are only so many billions to be had to keep people at home. 

• Greenie 1

13 minutes ago, DandV said:

Who or where it started is largely an irrelevance. Was Serbia, or was it Bosnia? responsible for the huge death toll of WW1.

Germany, Austria and Italy are standing together in the middle of a pub when Serbia bumps into Austria and spills Austria’s pint. Austria demands Serbia buy it a complete new suit because there are splashes on its trouser leg. Germany expresses its support for Austria’s point of view. Britain recommends that everyone calm down a bit.

Serbia points out that it can’t afford a whole suit, but offers to pay for the cleaning of Austria’s trousers. Russia and Serbia look at Austria. Austria asks Serbia who it’s looking at. Russia suggests that Austria should leave its little brother alone.

Austria inquires as to whose army will assist Russia in compelling it to do so.
Germany appeals to Britain that France has been looking at it, and that this is sufficiently out of order that Britain should not intervene.
Britain replies that France can look at who it wants to, that Britain is looking at Germany too, and what is Germany going to do about it? Germany tells Russia to stop looking at Austria, or Germany will render Russia incapable of such action.

Britain and France ask Germany whether it’s looking at Belgium. Turkey and Germany go off into a corner and whisper. When they come back, Turkey makes a show of not looking at anyone. Germany rolls up its sleeves, looks at France, and punches Belgium.

France and Britain punch Germany.
Austria punches Russia.
Germany punches Britain and France with one hand and Russia with the other.
Russia throws a punch at Germany, but misses and nearly falls over. Japan calls over from the other side of the room that it’s on Britain’s side, but stays there.
Italy surprises everyone by punching Austria.
Australia punches Turkey, and gets punched back. There are no hard feelings because Britain made Australia do it.
France gets thrown through a plate glass window, but gets back up and carries on fighting.
Russia gets thrown through another one, gets knocked out, suffers brain damage, and wakes up with a complete personality change.
Italy throws a punch at Austria and misses, but Austria falls over anyway. Italy raises both fists in the air and runs round the room chanting.
America waits till Germany is about to fall over from sustained punching from Britain and France, then walks over and smashes it with a barstool, then pretends it won the fight all by itself.
By now all the chairs are broken and the big mirror over the bar is shattered. Britain, France and America agree that Germany threw the first punch, so the whole thing is Germany’s fault.
While Germany is still unconscious, they go through its pockets, steal its wallet, and buy drinks for all their friends.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1