It's open Again

matty40s

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Machpoint005 said:

In the meantime, because of the Bosley closure, I've decided to open up, clean out and repaint my water tank. 

Once you're practised, and you can get down Bosley, I've got another one you can do. Had to clean the inlet filter on the washing machine last month - lots of little rusty bits - not a good sign!

MP.

2 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Well, the one open one at Skegness other day had a queue of around 200 plus people plus prams.

We have had our motorhome on sorn during lockdown but the missus said today after Boris did his bit that we should tax it and use it rather than the car as we can now visit kids and grandkids etc from monday and take the bog and hand washing facilities with us, certainly makes sense and its back ont road on monday without even one days loss of tax useage.

We can have days away without worrying about bogs!!

4 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

We have had our motorhome on sorn during lockdown but the missus said today after Boris did his bit that we should tax it and use it rather than the car as we can now visit kids and grandkids etc from monday and take the bog and hand washing facilities with us, certainly makes sense and its back ont road on monday without even one days loss of tax useage.

We can have days away without worrying about bogs!!

But you aren't allowed to sleep in it.

1 minute ago, ditchcrawler said:

Is that on the way to Alvecote if your name isn't Cummings 

No, I am going to get angry now.

Bude is an essential stop on any canal related journey, due to its historical status, therefore must be somewhere that I can test my boating eyes on before taking helm of my craft for a daily navigation to make sure that the engine doesn't seize up.

The Exeter canal must be visited to see what happens to irresponsible boat owners... several decimated boats for essential maintenance reminders. 

The Northern reaches of the Lancaster are a necessary reminder of the way that Governments can destroy a beautiful navigation and communication link to Kendal, the end basin.. now a industrial yard is a warning what can happen when governments plough things though without opposition....visit it NOW...or the rest will disappear under Jenricks illegal housing plans......

?

31 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Aldi ?

Its made by Outwell and quite expensive . I have one on the boat a few years now and use it very frequently  - but not as a toilet. I would recommend it as its handy for storing away if space is otherwise limited on the boat (which it always is ) .

https://www.blacks.co.uk/equipment/072076-outwell-collapsible-bucket-and-lid-assorted.html/568241/?istCompanyId=d92b362f-ac8a-4a8a-87ca-c56eafad7955&istFeedId=2f99410f-1124-43d5-8232-86c184f09479&istItemId=awxxlqwq&istBid=tztp&gclid=Cj0KCQjwwr32BRD4ARIsAAJNf_3XfyOEDFM62Dhya37yeuI6hD02w0_28VMJceTHGi8IVUvd5rDp7TAaAuoCEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

But now imitated  by others.

6 minutes ago, MartynG said:

Its made by Outwell and quite expensive . I have one on the boat a few years now and use it very frequently  - but not as a toilet. I would recommend it as its handy for storing away if space is otherwise limited on the boat (which it always is ) .

https://www.blacks.co.uk/equipment/072076-outwell-collapsible-bucket-and-lid-assorted.html/568241/?istCompanyId=d92b362f-ac8a-4a8a-87ca-c56eafad7955&istFeedId=2f99410f-1124-43d5-8232-86c184f09479&istItemId=awxxlqwq&istBid=tztp&gclid=Cj0KCQjwwr32BRD4ARIsAAJNf_3XfyOEDFM62Dhya37yeuI6hD02w0_28VMJceTHGi8IVUvd5rDp7TAaAuoCEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

But now imitated  by others.

Yes I got my exact 'clone' from Aldi - from memory  £4.99

Ideal for use when travelling the horses, stores flat and always there for a drink or a feed.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

20 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Correct, we will not be but it makes sense to use it as most public bogs and stuff are closed.

Shops and all are opening soon, but their toilets aren't and nor are public ones, which will slow down visits for the likes of us old men.

1 minute ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Shops and all are opening soon, but their toilets aren't and nor are public ones, which will slow down visits for the likes of us old men.

Isnt it funny how your views change over the years. I never used to think ever about toilets when I went out lol. My kidneys are shot and I go at least four times during the night and about every hour and a half during the day, no option with knackered kidneys its a given. Actualy using the motorhome although pretty slow does make sense for a phart like me lol.

48 minutes ago, matty40s said:

under Jenricks illegal housing plans......

Housing Ministers are changed as often as Boris changes his pants, so the chances of him having time to get much stuff passed before being moved to pastures new are slim.

35 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

The toilet block at the marina is open but the cleaning regime is not enhanced above normal.

Instructions are - ''use at your own risk''.  I am not going anywhere near .

5 minutes ago, matty40s said:

For public toilets, that has been my lifes mantra..

.............but never quite thought the consequences could include  death.

20 hours ago, Richard10002 said:

I think you do, but only when it suits you.

Are you now saying that you didn't believe the original statement was "fake news", and you were just having a bit of a jest? If so, one could wonder why you insisted on a link?

I'll lighten up, and take things less seriously, when things are less serious and warrant some light hearted banter. Government preventing people using their own money to pay for their own tests is serious, and not something to lighten up about.

If private tests are to be banned , where does that leave the sports clubs whose current training depends on them? Or are they all 'exceptional circumstances'?

1 hour ago, Mike Todd said:

If private tests are to be banned , where does that leave the sports clubs whose current training depends on them? Or are they all 'exceptional circumstances'?

The Superdrug and Lloyds Chemist private tests being prevented are for antibodies, and not to test if you are currently infected.

I believe the sports club tests are the "currently infected" test, so not being prevented. Given the money involved, they might even be sending them to Germany for analysis, where our government has no power.

I could guess that, if Superdrug started offering the "currently infected" test, government may choose to find a way to prevent it - particularly now that track and trace is underway.

On 28/05/2020 at 19:23, Machpoint005 said:

The important points are (a) he hasn't resigned (yet) and (b) his boss hasn't sacked him (yet).

AS any football manager will tell when your boss goes on record giving you 100% backing "start looking for another job"