Your advice/thoughts on this boat?

jaime66

Featured Posts

Massively over priced, its 37 years old! Dearer than when new!

Coles Morton built a "reasonable" boat, not in a high league as a boat builder. The steel thickness needs to be disclosed, from experience I see many Coles Mortons with all the ribs showing through the bow plating, I think they are a bit thin. Strongly suspect that they are not the current norm of 10mm baseplate, 6mm below gunwales, 4mm steel cabin and roof.

Unless it is exactly what you want and it is in perfect order, its too dear by a mile.

Is it really in St Ives?

Nice engine if its in good order.

Edited by Tracy D'arth

22 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Massively over priced, its 37 years old! Dearer than when new!

Coles Morton built a "reasonable" boat, not in a high league as a boat builder. The steel thickness needs to be disclosed, from experience I see many Coles Mortons with all the ribs showing through the bow plating, I think they are a bit thin. Strongly suspect that they are not the current norm of 10mm baseplate, 6mm below gunwales, 4mm steel cabin and roof.

Unless it is exactly what you want and it is in perfect order, its too dear by a mile.

Is it really in St Ives?

Nice engine if its in good order.

St Ives, Cambridgeshire.

22 hours ago, jaime66 said:

Hi all,

Thank you very, VERY much in advance of your comments.

Can we please have your thoughts on this boat? with a view to buying.

As me & the wife are complete newbies, so appreciate all your comments.

https://narrowboats.apolloduck.com/boat/coles-morton-35-tug/631854

I would have thought this style and size of Boat absolutely useless for two People as a Liveaboard assuming thats your intended usage ? As regards the price I think its pretty much par for the course with big money being asked for all sorts of junk . We really need to know more about your intended useage