jammers or nighties?

LadyG

Featured Posts

Been in nighties with long sleeves for  few months, discovered tartan pj bottms tonight, very practical .................

which is best

P S why do men never wear nightgowns any more?

Nighties, short sleeved, loose fitting every night of the week for me.

Jammy bottoms tangle up and it just gets too hot 'down there" - maybe it's an age thing ???

My hubby has slept in the nuddy for at least the last 20 years since he ditched his South Park shorts and t shirt combo ?

48 minutes ago, Ange said:

Nighties, short sleeved, loose fitting every night of the week for me.

Jammy bottoms tangle up and it just gets too hot 'down there" - maybe it's an age thing ???

My hubby has slept in the nuddy for at least the last 20 years since he ditched his South Park shorts and t shirt combo ?

It's a good job no one we actually know reads the forum any more so Dave won't know about me spilling the beans about his combo, specially as he's coming up for 60 and 20 years ago was, hmm, prolly a bit old for that ...

Oh ...

Gulp ...

Bribes?

Edited by Ange
  • Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

6 hours ago, LadyG said:

Been in nighties with long sleeves for  few months, discovered tartan pj bottms tonight, very practical .................

which is best

Do you mean bed shirts? Men can probably still buy them somewhere, but I've never noticed, because I haven't shopped for PJs or anything like it. Haven't worn PJs since I was a kid. Usually T-shirt and shorts or T-shirt and jogging bottoms. When I was a kid, we used to have cotton sheets in the summer and winceyette in the winter. No heating to speak of in those days, but a coal fire in the living room. Bedrooms were cold and hot water bottles never used. Getting into a bed with cotton sheets would have been an ordeal in the winter. 

Bedtime apparel for a woman - oversized T-shirt. 

Edited by Higgs

10 hours ago, LadyG said:

which is best

I had an old fashioned long nightgown, years ago. It was thrown out after a couple of nights when I woke up sort of twisted and tied up in it, because I tended to roll around in the night, and it didn’t. Why this didn’t happen to my girlfriend in her nightie was beyond me.

About the only reason that I can see for wearing clothes in bed is so you don't have to madly search for something - anything - to put on when the postman wakes you up in the morning, before he gets bored and takes your parcel back to the sorting office.

18 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Nude is the only way to sleep.

Far too hot for clothing in bed!!

i used to be of that mind until our daughter was born, then i started wearing a pair of cheap footy shorts and have done ever since, thin enough to not get too hot and baggy enough to not tangle when rolling over.

perhaps if she ever leaves home i shall go back to wearing nothing but a smile in bed.

Quite like the idea of a nightshirt. Found this place that sells them, and you get a cap with it too. You'd have to have a cap with it otherwise why bother?

mn18-traditional-flannel-nightshirt-night-cap-blue_1_1.jpg.f2c6b32b5973eba6d88682e75fb8def9.jpg

mn18-flannel-striped-nightshirt-night-cap-blue_1.jpg.4ecb818c3c2f65b09e11477ac9813595.jpg

4 minutes ago, NB Caelmiri said:

Quite like the idea of a nightshirt. Found this place that sells them, and you get a cap with it too. You'd have to have a cap with it otherwise why bother?

mn18-traditional-flannel-nightshirt-night-cap-blue_1_1.jpg.f2c6b32b5973eba6d88682e75fb8def9.jpg

mn18-flannel-striped-nightshirt-night-cap-blue_1.jpg.4ecb818c3c2f65b09e11477ac9813595.jpg

That’s the sort of nightshirt that tangled me in knots.

20 hours ago, tehmarks said:

About the only reason that I can see for wearing clothes in bed is so you don't have to madly search for something - anything - to put on when the postman wakes you up in the morning, before he gets bored and takes your parcel back to the sorting office.

I'm the opposite - nothing when I'm in bed at home, jammers (well, a onesie) when on a boat.

Far too many strange noises in the night from a dripping noise (tap or stern gland?), a strange "splash", a thud (was that our mooring being cast off?), a distant bang and I can't nod off again without knowing what it was (or at least what is wasn't)

On 26/05/2020 at 07:06, Higgs said:

Do you mean bed shirts? Men can probably still buy them somewhere, but I've never noticed, because I haven't shopped for PJs or anything like it. Haven't worn PJs since I was a kid. Usually T-shirt and shorts or T-shirt and jogging bottoms. When I was a kid, we used to have cotton sheets in the summer and winceyette in the winter. No heating to speak of in those days, but a coal fire in the living room. Bedrooms were cold and hot water bottles never used. Getting into a bed with cotton sheets would have been an ordeal in the winter. 

Bedtime apparel for a woman - oversized T-shirt. 

As a child, I remember getting fresh cotton sheets on a Monday back from  The Laundry, they were starched, almost  painful if you got one with a seam in the middle where they had ben  "recycled"

We had "Piggies" in wnter, stoneware pigs that were too hot at  bedtime, and stone cold by dawn, if you were doubly enlucky, they also leaked!

Nightshirts gave real atmosphere to B&W movies involving ghosts and ghoulies

Edited by LadyG

3 minutes ago, LadyG said:

As a child, I remember getting cotton sheets on a Moday back from  The Laundry, they were starched, very painful if you got one with a seam in the middle where they had ben  "recycled"

We had "Piggies" in wnter, stoneware pigs that were too hot at  bedtime, and stone cold by dawn, if you were ulucky, they leaked!

We just had plain old central heating.

On 26/05/2020 at 07:20, NB Esk said:

Jammie bottoms with the slogan......"May contain nuts".

not mine!

6 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

We didn't have central heationg or a laundry, mum use to do it on a Monday

Maybe you had a Hotpoint twin tub as adverti.sd on TV

We had a "boiler, and a  skivvy, poor thing she was much nicer than our "mink encased housekeeper"

They both disappeared when I became a "latchkey kid". Even made my own breakfast: toasted sugar on sliced white bread as I remember! Bread an' drippin' on a Monday ! We really were  "middle class" when we got a Fridgidaire re-fridgerator.

Edited by LadyG
  • Happy 1

On 26/05/2020 at 14:05, tehmarks said:

Or if the boat is on fire or sinking, last thing you want is to be standing naked on the towpath when the press turns ups. If the boat is on fire at least you stay warm until the fireman put the fire out by sinking the boat.

16 hours ago, LadyG said:

As a child, I remember getting fresh cotton sheets on a Monday back from  The Laundry, they were starched, almost  painful if you got one with a seam in the middle where they had ben  "recycled"

We had "Piggies" in wnter, stoneware pigs that were too hot at  bedtime, and stone cold by dawn, if you were doubly enlucky, they also leaked!

Nightshirts gave real atmosphere to B&W movies involving ghosts and ghoulies

Mum used to do the washing on a Saturday and we stayed well away from her. It was like some industrial process going on and tempers (my mum's) were frayed. Didn't want my life to be ended prematurely. We never insisted on a cooked meal on a Saturday..., for some reason. 

12 hours ago, nbfiresprite said:

Or if the boat is on fire or sinking, last thing you want is to be standing naked on the towpath when the press turns ups.

I try to mitigate this by ensuring, as far as possible, that the boat doesn't catch fire or sink ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tehmarks said:

I try to mitigate this by ensuring, as far as possible, that the boat doesn't catch fire or sink ?

I am sure i remember puting my hand out of my bunk and finding water, lots of it,fortunately it was freshwater, and it seemed someone had left a hose pipe running overnight, it's the sort of thing that happens when someone asks you to help them get to know their new boat!