Someone untied my ropes

LadyG

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Why?

There are very few boats where there would not be 2m+ clearance between people on the back of one and the front of the other if they were moored sharing a ring or bollard.

If you want or need more distance, don't leave a git gap on a visitor mooring; just go and pin to the bank a few hundred yards further along.

I can't think of a "Contact Sport" better able to comply with social distancing.  

9 minutes ago, tehmarks said:

I'm sure they could, but I anticipate that there are probably a reasonable number of nervous people aboard who have been self-isolating for the past two months and might not appreciate being moved closer to people, or having their mooring lines handled by persons with potentialy questionable personal hygiene, or...

It seems like a good way to start an entirely preventable argument.

Perhaps those people should avoid mooring on designated visitor moorings until they feel safe to do so rather than just expecting to use more than there fair share of available space.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, tehmarks said:

I'm all for sensible mooring normally - but in light of the current pandemic, can we maybe leave this idea alone for a few more months?

Why?
If you are inside your boat you are more than 2 metres from your neighbour.