A real long shot! (edited)

paulweller84

Featured Posts

43 minutes ago, paulweller84 said:

There we have it. It is the remains of Broxbourne Lido (indoor swimming pool). The brick structure is what's left.

The flight of stairs shown in an earler post hardly fits the description of blank walls with stairs going nowhere and one or more floors.

Did I miss something? Not GU either....

6 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

The flight of stairs shown in an earler post hardly fits the description of blank walls with stairs going nowhere and one or more floors.

Did I miss something? Not GU either....

The stairs I linked was, and I quote: "an example of the style of the structure (brick type/colour etc)"

Didn't say anything about it matching the description of the features of the building.

Also I never mentioned Grand Union...

2 hours ago, paulweller84 said:

There we have it. It is the remains of Broxbourne Lido (indoor swimming pool). The brick structure is what's left.

Best thread of the week... Thanks.... :)

in the next round... what is that song that goes like... dada da da.... dadada..... dada ..dada... da

8 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

in the next round... what is that song that goes like... dada da da.... dadada..... dada ..dada... da

Thats too easy! It's obviously the "Battle Suite"by Samuel Scheidt.

Give us a more difficult one.

• Greenie 2

11 hours ago, restlessnomad said:

Angela Lansbury in the film "The Lady Vanishes"? ?

11 hours ago, restlessnomad said:

Oddly I have asked similar in the past and someone identified the song, the forum at it's best :)

29 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

It's either Match of the Day or Countdown ... :giggles:

I sometimes wonder how much that tune has earned for its composer, musical backroom boy and former one-hit wonder Rhet Stoller. He gets paid every time it's aired. Oddly enough Rhet also wrote and recorded a tune called 'Countdown', but not the T,V. theme - which has probably made even more money for its composer, former Shadow Alan Hawkshaw.

46 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

For god's sake nobody identify it or it'll be my earworm for the next three months.   I've still got 'We'll Meet Again'  from Lizzie's broadcast!

We could replace it with that old earworm badger badger badger

Just now, tree monkey said:

He can, he really can, bad man

I meant to Match of the Day and Countdown, not that Travelling Female you are thinking of (La Da Dee La Da Da)

1991 that bleedin' song was released, and it's still stuck in my ear!

• Greenie 1

4 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

A Lido is an outdoor swimming pool

Correct.  The Lea Valley Leisure pool was indoors, but was informally referred to as the Broxbourne Lido by some of its regulars. I think it had some doors that could be opened on to the grassy surround but I never saw them open.  The car park however was called Broxbourne Lido car park! I understand that it closed in 2008-ish when the company running it asserted that the finance to bring it up to modern standards could not be raised, even though it wasn't that old.

Dammit, I 'flew' over that yesterday when I tracked along the Lea, GU and Thames going away from London. 

As has been said, actually good entertainment for lock down .. glad you found it.