3D Printing Service or Logo Manufacturer

plainsman

Featured Posts

I need to replace a logo badge (car badge size) and was hoping to use services of 3D Printing service or logo manufacturer. it's only a small piece and needs to be made from some sort of hard plastic. A long shot but hoping a forum member has a contact. I would prefer NW England but not essential. Thanks in advance

1 minute ago, plainsman said:
I need to replace a logo badge (car badge size) and was hoping to use services of 3D Printing service or logo manufacturer. it's only a small piece and needs to be made from some sort of hard plastic. A long shot but hoping a forum member has a contact. I would prefer NW England but not essential. Thanks in advance

What badge is it, and do you have another one that can be removed and scanned? 

If you can find an alternate it will save having to do the 3D-drawing first to produce the new badge, which is always the expensive bit.

What @TheBiscuits said. The drawing or scanning work is the expensive bit if you pay someone else, or time consuming if done yourself. If it is basically a flat design with thickness to it, then a photo, or flatbed scan could be used, converted to vector graphics, then projected in to 3D. Needs some knowledge of vector graphics and 3D CAD to do yourself. Choice of material to print it in is important. On a car, so outside. Needs to be UV stable. Is it going to be painted? Does it need to look like chrome

Jen?

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies