Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Parahandy

First Tetley , Now Marstons

Featured Posts

It's not the end of the world ..... that was around the turn of the century when Banks' took them over and despite promises to the contrary changed Pedigree.

12 hours ago, zenataomm said:

It's not the end of the world ..... that was around the turn of the century when Banks' took them over and despite promises to the contrary changed Pedigree.

Maybe we should rename it... Mongrel?

• Haha 1

So long as they keep brewing it in Burton Unions.

Next step: merger with Greene King?

Edited by Machpoint005

Well Carlsberg closed Warrington and Leeds Tetley breweries and outsourced its production to Camerons so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some rationalisation afoot.

Jennings Cockermouth brewery for starters

On 25/05/2020 at 18:07, Cheshire cat said:

Tetley breweries

I have always insisted that "Tetley's make teabags make tea ... and having tasted their beer they should stick to it!"

My mate who judges beer for SIBA competitions likes a "good" pint of Tetleys, but he has never yet found one good enough to change my mind on it, which is odd because usually our tastes are quite similar.

On 25/05/2020 at 18:07, Cheshire cat said:

Jennings Cockermouth brewery for starters

I remember doing the brewery tour there about 30 years ago, when they were fiercely proud of their independence!

On 23/05/2020 at 17:38, Parahandy said:

Marston merges with Carlsberg  though the Marston Pubs are not part of the deal .

Keeping the pubs and selling the brewing to a competitor. Same as happened to Fullers not so long ago.