Show us pics of your ...... engine bay

Featured Posts

How about a series showing different parts of boats so people can get an idea of layouts and space etc?  Shall i start with the engine bay (back to front??). See below. It used to get wet but now the channels are clear it stays pretty dry and with the cover on when stored its unusual for it to get wet. Easy to get into both sides of the engine and service. My plans are to de-rust the bay and repaint in green or grey, not sure which yet....

20191116_122431.jpg

20191117_105709.jpg

20200222_131948.jpg

20200301_111427.jpg

• Greenie 2

The starting board for my Dicky Mint single cylinder open crank 3 stroke treacle engine, with an Elm sump.

Open them in the wrong order and instead of the gentle thump of it firing at every glue sniffer, you'll end up with a Lyle's Golden Flan.

untitled.png

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Mine is brilliant white ...

... well it was when I did it! :D

Now it's a hole where nothing can escape, not even light? 

The only photo I can find in my computer's files of Trojan's engine room. I wonder if the engine looks as lovingly cared for now - it is six months since we set foot on the boat.

Trojan interior 006.jpg

16 minutes ago, Athy said:

The only photo I can find in my computer's files of Trojan's engine room. I wonder if the engine looks as lovingly cared for now - it is six months since we set foot on the boat.

I like the bog roll conveniently placed (in the foreground) so that nothing ese gets dirty.....

• Haha 1

Just now, OldGoat said:

I like the bog roll conveniently placed (in the foreground) so that nothing ese gets dirty.....

It does look a bit like one, doesn't it? But in fact it's the top of a fliter.

1 minute ago, OldGoat said:

I thought it was a traditional engine room with the photo taken sat on the porta potti.