Anyone Know Good Bespoke Narrowboat Fitters?

Featured Posts

29 minutes ago, Bod said:

Steel working narrowboats were available before 1950.  Had the modern leisure narrow boat been available before 1950?

I know Rolt had Cressy before 1950, but that was a wooden hull(?).

Bod.

It is not ONLY the materials used :

On 21/05/2020 at 17:57, Alan de Enfield said:

............consistent with the original design, and retain their aesthetic charm and characteristics...……..

7' beam, High bow, rear cabin, high gunwales etc etc ?

Edited by Alan de Enfield

On 21/05/2020 at 15:33, FutureNarrowboater2026 said:

Hello Everyone,

I was just curious, does anyone know any Narrowboat fitters that can do a completely bespoke build, right up to the engine and electrics. They need to use a high quality hull and have high quality interiors, where the future owner can choose what type of paneling, cabinetry, benchtops, ect. They need to be in either England or Wales.

If you've come over from my other post, about what engine and stern I should go with, I have decided, that I will either go with a modern trad with the Beta 43, or the Bukh DV36, or a classic trad with the boatmans cabin & engine room with either the Lister JP2, Gardner 2l2 or Gardner 4L2,

Anyone who responds, thanks for your help. Declan Foley

Kingsground Narrowboats do very nice fit outs , usually on Reeves or Alexander shells.

http://www.kingsground.co.uk/kingsground/4582619247

Their website is a bit sparse now, but their Facebook page shows lots of their work.