unlimited broadband

haza

Featured Posts

hello .well after some good advice off a couple of people, i took it all on board well living on a   narrowboat i supose i would. ? well i done what .mr.chagall said and my what a vast change to my old  account  ,heres my old account of yesterday for those intrested ,£30 for a 1000 mins unlimited text.15 photo sends, 50 gig on the dongle .bare in mind in these lockdown times i would have to add data to the dongle at £15.99p a time  and i did add data a few times even before the lockdown .so most if not every month my ee bill would come in between £30/£65.as i only had 1000 mins on my phone i went over by 205 one month 100 the next   and so on ,not knowing every min over EE charge 65p a min you do the maths . .MY new bill as from this afternoon reads as follows .unlimited data .and mins and text, 50 photo sends on my phone ..1gig on my phone all for the grand total of £25, thank you mr chagall. i owe you a pint .so once again thanks all this may help some one who knows , stay safe

• Greenie 2

I had unlimited data with my previous Vodafone contract. The only trouble with that was the data speed was crap even at their fastest setting. I switched to a 100mb deal with O2 which is all I need and it's much better. So sometimes the concept of "unlimited data" is a bit of a con if the data speed provided means you can't actually use it.

• Greenie 1

25 minutes ago, haza said:

hello .well after some good advice off a couple of people, i took it all on board well living on a   narrowboat i supose i would. ? well i done what .mr.chagall said and my what a vast change to my old  account  ,heres my old account of yesterday for those intrested ,£30 for a 1000 mins unlimited text.15 photo sends, 50 gig on the dongle .bare in mind in these lockdown times i would have to add data to the dongle at £15.99p a time  and i did add data a few times even before the lockdown .so most if not every month my ee bill would come in between £30/£65.as i only had 1000 mins on my phone i went over by 205 one month 100 the next   and so on ,not knowing every min over EE charge 65p a min you do the maths . .MY new bill as from this afternoon reads as follows .unlimited data .and mins and text, 50 photo sends on my phone ..1gig on my phone all for the grand total of £25, thank you mr chagall. i owe you a pint .so once again thanks all this may help some one who knows , stay safe

Excellent, good news. I'm pleased for you, and glad to help.

like i said i owe you a pint thanks ,yes blackrose i hear what you are say ,but i also forgot to mention i can opt out of this new deal any time i want .and also rose i have been told many many times EE  as the best unlimited as they have more masts  all around the country .not that thats a good things any way but the time they are a changing  .stay safe 

31 minutes ago, WotEver said:

I just stumbled across a site (simsherpa.com) which revealed some time-limited hidden offers from EE and Three.  Unlimited everything from Three for just £18/month and only a 12 month contract here: https://store.three.co.uk/view/content/mbasket?ID=1681.

I'm on a "3" £15.77 month unlimited everything.

24 month contract

43 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I'm on a "3" £15.77 month unlimited everything.

24 month contract

Yes indeedy, better deals are available with haggling, but I thought the above would appeal to those who were considering the same deal for £22/month

My own phone contract with Three (sim-only) is unlimited everything for £8.40/month.

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

Yes indeedy, better deals are available with haggling, but I thought the above would appeal to those who were considering the same deal for £22/month

No haggling, I got a text saying my old £25 / month, 25Gb contract had expired so they offered me £ £15.77 / month contract - 'no haggling', not even any 'asking for a new contract'

• Happy 1

2 hours ago, haza said:

MY new bill as from this afternoon reads as follows .unlimited data .and mins and text, 50 photo sends on my phone ..1gig on my phone all for the grand total of £25,

I think that's one of the best deals I have ever heard of on EE.  Great result.

I wonder if the Three deal is starting to hurt them?

2 minutes ago, haza said:

yes all the above all sound great deals ..but what got me was no contract ,but when you add all i have paid EE since 2007 .would they kill the cash cow ??

Good point :)

Be aware that with Three, a contract does not end at the end of the minimum term.  It automatically continues (inevitably at a higher rate) unless you give them 30 days notice of cancellation,

In the small print: 'All of our SIM Only plans are available on a minimum term contract – we currently offer minimum terms of 1, 12 or 24 months. To end your contract, you’ll need to give us 30 days’ notice'.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/sim-only/unlimited-data-sim-only-deals

Three Unlimited Sim 12 months £18 direct with Three. Strange that this offer is not on their website anywhere. Better still via buymobiles.net, same deal with £40 cashback after 99 days which works out at £14.66 p/m

1 hour ago, Pennine said:

Be aware that with Three, a contract does not end at the end of the minimum term.  It automatically continues (inevitably at a higher rate) unless you give them 30 days notice of cancellation...

I’m not sure what point you’re making. Are you suggesting that at the end of the contract they should cut you off? 

When my contract period was approaching the end they texted me to suggest I check out ‘all their great new deals’, it was certainly not a secret. As I didn’t choose to do that my contract continued as it was, just as I’d want it to. What do you think it should do?

2 hours ago, WotEver said:

I’m not sure what point you’re making. Are you suggesting that at the end of the contract they should cut you off? 

When my contract period was approaching the end they texted me to suggest I check out ‘all their great new deals’, it was certainly not a secret. As I didn’t choose to do that my contract continued as it was, just as I’d want it to. What do you think it should do?

Offer you the best deal they are offering new customers that are invariably cheaper than you would be paying.  Also not tie you to another 30 day of paying them. Allow transfer with the minimum of delay.

23 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Offer you the best deal they are offering new customers that are invariably cheaper than you would be paying.  Also not tie you to another 30 day of paying them. Allow transfer with the minimum of delay.

Well, the text I received when approaching the end of my contract said words to the effect of "Your contract ends soon. Why not visit our website to see what exciting deals we can offer you? Alternatively, we'll keep you going as you are if you don't want to change anything."  I paraphrase, but that was the gist of it.  That seems perfectly reasonable to me.

3 have tried to contact me at the end of 4 separate contracts to let me know, and try to sell me another one.

The only one I ignored time and time again was when they were trying to get rid of the "One" contract, that allowed unlimited tethering.....it was a deal well ahead of it's time and I dont think they realised how it was being used until some android update shocked them into withdrawing it.?

3 hours ago, WotEver said:

I have a long running three contract, at the end of the minimum period it goes up by the cost of living or something. If I see a deal on the internet today and take it up, even though I am out of contract I still have to give Three 30 days notice, So I ether miss the new deal I have seen elsewhere or pay for two suppliers for 30 days

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

I have a long running three contract, at the end of the minimum period it goes up by the cost of living or something. If I see a deal on the internet today and take it up, even though I am out of contract I still have to give Three 30 days notice, So I ether miss the new deal I have seen elsewhere or pay for two suppliers for 30 days

Oh I see. So it’s the 30 days notice that’s the issue?  Isn’t that the case with any pay monthly provider?  I recall Vodafone insisting on 60 days many years ago. 

12 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Oh I see. So it’s the 30 days notice that’s the issue?  Isn’t that the case with any pay monthly provider?  I recall Vodafone insisting on 60 days many years ago. 

I have just changed my Landline provider on line by signing up with the new provider, they contacted BT to say I was going and it will all happen on 7 June, I didnt have to get transfer codes or anything, easy.

2 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I have just changed my Landline provider on line by signing up with the new provider, they contacted BT to say I was going and it will all happen on 7 June, I didnt have to get transfer codes or anything, easy.

Yes, landlines have always been easy in my experience. I guess it’s because the number belongs to the line, not the handset. 

2 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Yes, landlines have always been easy in my experience. I guess it’s because the number belongs to the line, not the handset. 

I think the mobile number is linked to a phone's IME number somewhere on the service providers computer so it should only take movements to transfer the numbers to a new provider and then a little time for it to propagate through the new provider's system. In the case of EE that time is close to 24 hours while Vodaphone only a few hours. Certainly no need for 30 day's notice.

30 days notice is just the sort of anticompetitive practice and unfair contract term that should have been outlawed years ago.

17 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

I think the mobile number is linked to a phone's IME number somewhere on the service providers computer so it should only take movements to transfer the numbers to a new provider and then a little time for it to propagate through the new provider's system. In the case of EE that time is close to 24 hours while Vodaphone only a few hours. Certainly no need for 30 day's notice.

30 days notice is just the sort of anticompetitive practice and unfair contract term that should have been outlawed years ago.

I don't think that the number is linked to the phone at all.  The number is just the SIM card, you can put that card in any phone, like when you buy a new phone.  You don't  contact anyone, just take the SIM out of the old phone put is it the new one and that new phone then has that number.  For changing providers you are moving the number over to the new provider, and you would need a SIM card from the new provider to effectively accept the number.  Or can you actually use the same physical SIM card with a different provider?

Just now, john6767 said:

I don't think that the number is linked to the phone at all.  The number is just the SIM card, you can put that card in any phone, like when you buy a new phone.  You don't  contact anyone, just take the SIM out of the old phone put is it the new one and that new phone then has that number.  For changing providers you are moving the number over to the new provider, and you would need a SIM card from the new provider to effectively accept the number.  Or can you actually use the same physical SIM card with a different provider?

having changed two sim cards recently because of needing a smaller one I know the sim has a number (not the phone number on it) and the provider use that to link to the actual phone number within their computer systems. When you change provider they link your old number to the new sim inside their computers.