unlimited broadband

haza

Featured Posts

I use Three and am generally happy with their service. However, I spent some time back in London over the winter and the speed was terrible, especially in peak hours (evenings and weekends). The signal was strong but far too many users. I'd imagine it would be the same in most large cities. I have no idea if this is relevant to you but thought I'd mention it.

22 minutes ago, Chagall said:

Yes, once again it doesn't read on Three's web site plans that VAT is included.

But why would you ever think that VAT might not be included? Have you ever felt the need to ask in Sainsburys* if the prices displayed on the shelf edge include VAT? It's a consumer website (the full menu has an option to switch to the business website) and they are legally obliged to show prices including VAT. If you sign up to any of the advertised deals and they then bill you for 20% more you can legally ignore the extra, or simply cancel the contract. In any event I'm pretty sure that if you sign up you will be taken to a Ts and Cs page that will confirm that the prices include VAT.

* Other supermarkets are available.

Edited by David Mack

1 minute ago, David Mack said:

But why would you ever think that VAT might not be included? Have you ever felt the need to ask in Sainsburys* if the prices displayed on the shelf edge include VAT? It's a consumer website (the full menu has an option to switch to the business website) and they are legally obliged to show prices including VAT. If you sign up to any of the advertised deals and they then bill you for 20% more you can legally ignore the extra, or simply cancel the contract. In any event I'm pretty sure that if you sign up you will be taken to a Ts and Cs page that will confirm that the prices include VAT.

* Other supermarkets are available.

FFS!  I'm now remembering why it's not worth giving helpful replies to this forum!

I don't pay Sainsbury's £25 a month to shop there!   But as a careful terms and conditions reader for every contract I might want to take up, I could find no mention of VAT on the web site plans.  The fact that every other provider of a service might or might not include vat doesn't normally concern me and as I'm not a solicitor I have no real idea of so, but when I research I try to do so thoroughly. I did not even wish to sign up to find in a different Ts and Cs page that Vat wasnt or was included. The time I had already spent wasnt worth trying to prove otherwise. 

I'm since reassured on here that for others sake it is indeed included. 

Good luck Haza! 

37 minutes ago, David Mack said:

It's a consumer website (the full menu has an option to switch to the business website) and they are legally obliged to show prices including VAT.

Yup, I attempted to make that point earlier in the thread... ‘but some fell on stony ground...’

9 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Yup, I attempted to make that point earlier in the thread... ‘but some fell on stony ground...’

I politely replied to your points with my own reasonings of the time, so the "stony ground"  sarcasm wasn't really neccessary but if it makes you feel better then so be it. 

Ive since been fully appraised with consumer law regarding vat, thank you so much everybody. Absolutely tip top invaluable advice I will attempt to recall should I need it again. ?

7 minutes ago, Chagall said:

I politely replied to your points with my own reasonings of the time

Not to post 82 where I first made the point about consumers you didn’t. 

1 hour ago, Chagall said:

FFS!  I'm now remembering why it's not worth giving helpful replies to this forum!

I suspect that, if you ever ask for help here, and people remember who you are, you may not get it!

I, for one, have found your posts regarding the VAT on Three particularly irritating.

You even go on to say that you have learned something about consumer law, but persist with whatever it is you have been trying to say.

6 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

I suspect that, if you ever ask for help here, and people remember who you are, you may not get it!

I, for one, have found your posts regarding the VAT on Three particularly irritating.

You even go on to say that you have learned something about consumer law, but persist with whatever it is you have been trying to say.

Gosh, it would seem you have an even shorter fuse than I do regarding irritating comments. I'll try and remember that if I need or attempt to offer help again.

5 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

I quite agree but I thought they had already signed up.

The reason for needing to go into the shop is its a Home Broadband system, and if you live where I do they wont sell you one on line because the signal is not good enough. The SIM unlimited on a24 month contact is £11 a month for the first 6 months and then £22 for the next 18 months

Also, 3 won't deliver to a poste restante address or box number ... and as we're CCing we too must wait until their shops open if we want to do business with them. Great network though. But, yes, website is labyrinthine.

thanks for all the advice .and yes ditchcrawler  thats exactly right what you said abt address and having to go to the shop to buy .three also said there is a problem with my bank card .which is not so as i had it checked out by my bank  ,richard 1002 thanks also to the point you made abt EE i have been with EE  since day one even when they where T/mobile and they flatly refuse  me unlimited broadband .and told me they where not setting it all up  maybe not  till after next  september .regards stay safe 

All that I can say is that in a lot of my dealings with Three the prices have been Without VAT. This is my own experience, not some second hand observation.

I don't want to get bogged down in a tedious forum debate on this. I think I possibly am or have been a business customer so maybe I have some sort of cookie on my PC that identifies this????

A LOT of websites/on line shopping sites that I use display prices before VAT, I am dealing with one this very moment.

.................Dave

• Greenie 1

sorry chagall i missed your advice out, thanks a lot i will be intouch with EE tomorrow thats if i can get to speak to some one as they are on limited work .due to coved 19 .and as for the threads going of piste all ways do , im not arse licking here but canalworld   as  been good for me in the past i have brought many things from  here from brand new  cooker fridge .fires lots of things in fact .and i have also helped other.s   out with  stuff , but i do get so pi??ed off with the wise cracks ..but hey that comes with the terrotory i do hope i have spelled that right .stay safe and thanks every one 

10 hours ago, haza said:

sorry chagall i missed your advice out, thanks a lot i will be intouch with EE tomorrow thats if i can get to speak to some one as they are on limited work .due to coved 19 .and as for the threads going of piste all ways do , im not arse licking here but canalworld   as  been good for me in the past i have brought many things from  here from brand new  cooker fridge .fires lots of things in fact .and i have also helped other.s   out with  stuff , but i do get so pi??ed off with the wise cracks ..but hey that comes with the terrotory i do hope i have spelled that right .stay safe and thanks every one 

You can spell "pissed" though!

:D

Edited by Machpoint005

36 minutes ago, jam said:

Went into Superdrug the other day and noticed they have a sim only deal of unlimited everything for £20 a month. Don't know which network they use.

Three Here is a bit about it https://www.standard.co.uk/tech/superdrug-mobile-network-need-to-know-a3855996.html

image.png.0747ce5a9511ef632573775cee72fc53.png

Edited by ditchcrawler