unlimited broadband

haza

Featured Posts

hi ever one ,does any one have unlimited broadband ,i have the yellow dongle with  ee at the moment,  and over the years had a few hiccups but over all not to bad .but ee dont do unlimited at moment .i have been in contact with .three .but i am having a problem buying unlimited off three .as they seem to having a problem with my address ,and i have to wait for there shop to open ,so i can get fixed up ...what are guys and girls using or recommend  thanks stay safe 

I have Three, unlimited Broadband, unlimited 'Hotspot', unlimited calls and unlimited texts.

£9 per month for 6 months then increases to £18.00 per month.

Averages out at £15.70 per month over the 24 month contract period. Almost as good a the old "all you can eat" contract of a few years ago which we had at £15 per month.

We use British Telecom. Our service includes line rental, unlimited broadband, wi-fi and unlimited telephone calls (except to premium and mobile numbers, but we hardly ever ring those anyway). It's just over £40 a month which I think is good value.

6 minutes ago, Athy said:

We use British Telecom. Our service includes line rental, unlimited broadband, wi-fi and unlimited telephone calls (except to premium and mobile numbers, but we hardly ever ring those anyway). It's just over £40 a month which I think is good value.

Do you have a very, very long 'extension line' for when you are cruising ?

• Happy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Athy said:

No. Why do you ask?

Just interested.

As your £40 per month doesn't seem particularly good value when compared to other offerings, eg Three at £15 per month which includes unlimited phone calls, (including to mobiles), & unlimited Broadband,(including WiFi - Hotspot) and no Line rental.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

7 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Just interested.

As your £40 per month doesn't seem particularly good value when compared to other offerings, eg Three at £15 per month which includes unlimited phone calls, (including to mobiles), & unlimited Broadband,(including WiFi - Hotspot) and no Line rental.

So one has to add the line rental to that figure. I assume that's payable to B.T., as they own all the lines. This is £16.99 p.c.m.

This topic caught my eye because our current agreement is soon coming to an end and I'm looking at options for renewal

9 minutes ago, Athy said:

So one has to add the line rental to that figure. I assume that's payable to B.T., as they own all the lines. This is £16.99 p.c.m.

This topic caught my eye because our current agreement is soon coming to an end and I'm looking at options for renewal

No - you don't need a 'line' with Three - its all done 'wirelessly'. So its £15 per month - all in - nothing else to pay. Unlimited usage.

14 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

No - you don't need a 'line' with Three - its all done 'wirelessly'. So its £15 per month - all in - nothing else to pay. Unlimited usage.

Provided you have a good 4g signal as we have in Devon. No wires no fuss and most important no BT.

We have no landline phone here use mobile phones and Huawei router on 3 for internet, speed is normally above 40mb but drops to 25 at busy periods. Best thing is we can take it away with us, if we are ever allowed to go again.

thanks guys and girls for the info ...like i said we are going with ,three .but there is a issue with them at the moment  caused by these awful times .and i have got to wait for the three shop  open to collect my box router .what ever i it is ,comes at £22 a month . thanks and stay safe 

7 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

How do you unlock  Osprey please, I am considering changing to 3.

You need an unlock code, you can buy one from EE or do as I did and bought one off Ebay, was only a couple of pounds, can't remember the exact procedure but it was vey easy to do.

27 minutes ago, haza said:

thanks guys and girls for the info ...like i said we are going with ,three .but there is a issue with them at the moment  caused by these awful times .and i have got to wait for the three shop  open to collect my box router .what ever i it is ,comes at £22 a month . thanks and stay safe 

what an odd way to write  ?

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

But that would work only with mobile phones, as a normal domestic phone like ours needs a line.

Anyway, since last we spoke I have had earnest discussions on the phone with a B.T. bod, resulting in my paying several pounds a month less (£37.99) for an enhanced service (calls to U.K. mobile numbers will no longer be charged extra).  So I'm most satisfied, and would recommend this deal.

1 minute ago, Athy said:

But that would work only with mobile phones, as a normal domestic phone like ours needs a line.

Anyway, since last we spoke I have had earnest discussions on the phone with a B.T. bod, resulting in my paying several pounds a month less (£37.99) for an enhanced service (calls to U.K. mobile numbers will no longer be charged extra).  So I'm most satisfied, and would recommend this deal.

show off!! why do you need a land line telephone?

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

I could never recommend any BT service, hateful company.

Just now, restlessnomad said:

show off!! why do you need a land line telephone?

To make and receive telephone calls.

I assume you're joking about the "show off" - an epithet more suited to people who wave expensive mobile jobbies around, surely.

3 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

I could never recommend any BT service, hateful company.

I've been with them since I first had a phone installed (1982, from memory). There have been occasional problems over the years but they have always been sorted out. In addition, I have shares in them which yield consistently good dividends.

What is "hateful" about them?

4 minutes ago, Athy said:

All I can say is that I changed from BT for phone and internet to SEE (my energy supplier) and the cost for the same product as far as I can see went from just shy of £70 a month to £22 a month for 18 months - then I expect I will switch again. having ones own domain makes switching easier if you want to avoid the Microsoft/Google "free" email address.

10 minutes ago, Athy said:

Yes, having a landline in a house is Ok, but not much use on a boat.

Our Three service is so good (and the broadband is faster than the land-line) that we cancelled the land-line and just have Three, saving £s a month.

7 minutes ago, Athy said:

To make and receive telephone calls.

I assume you're joking about the "show off" - an epithet more suited to people who wave expensive mobile jobbies around, surely.

I've been with them since I first had a phone installed (1982, from memory). There have been occasional problems over the years but they have always been sorted out. In addition, I have shares in them which yield consistently good dividends.

What is "hateful" about them?

I had a bad experience which they handled extremely poorly.

They left my sick aged inlaws unconnected in a remote house for 8 days for the simple reason that they cancelled the wrong account. I spent over 12 hours on the phone to them and they did nothing constructive in all that time.