Farmer's field mooring up North?

tehmarks

Featured Posts

I don't suppose anyone is aware of any, or has any tips how to find any, offside farmer's field type moorings 'up North'? Preferably anywhere on the Macclesfield or Peak Forest, but I suspect that might be unrealistic so I'm happy looking anywhere north of Stoke. Rural and quiet would be most appreciated. No facilities needed beyond water and ideally parking/vehicle access, though a teeny bit of space 'ashore' to have maybe a small solar array and grow some herbs would be appreciated - but isn't essential.

It seems that there's no good way of discovering these sorts of moorings other than happening upon them as you cruise past. As that isn't currently an option...is anyone aware if many such moorings even exist, let alone about vacancies? Have I got more chance of winning the lottery than finding one?

Try Norman and Mary's on the upper Peak Forest.The last boat I bought was moored there and was cheap,isolated with water and toilet disposal.

Can't remember the contact details,but if you pop into TW marine (a short walk away) they will know.It's in the village of Furnessvale just by the railway station.

Just thought,I can give you directions,to the mooring because it is a bugger to find by road.

Through New Mills to Furness Vale.Turn left into Station Road,over the railway crossing,and you will see a farm gate immediately on your right.Go in there and there is a big house at the end of the drive,thats Norman and Mary's house and the mooring is about 500 yards along a track alongside the house.

Edited by Mad Harold

Our mooring is non-residential I'm afraid. Cowbrook Farm just above Bosley locks used to have people living on, but there was no parking and no water, though there are facilities at the top of the locks.  There is a farm on the lower Macc with moorings just north of Heritage marina but I don't know the name of it and it does have the irritating bloke who runs his genny every night until late.

There's also moorings just north of the tunnel on the T&M by the old coal yard.

• Greenie 1

CWDF comes through again, than you all!

1 hour ago, Mad Harold said:

Try Norman and Mary's on the upper Peak Forest.

That would be perfect - that's exactly where I want to be in an ideal world. I'll give TW Marine a call tomorrow morning and see if they can help with contact details.

45 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Our mooring is non-residential I'm afraid.

I'll look into the others you've suggested - if it makes any difference to yours I'm very likely to spend more time aboard and off the mooring than living on the mooring?