First visit in 2 months, some questions...

robtheplod

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

How about some kind person installing a cable across riverbeds some 100ft above all canalboat weirs? Would that help cheap anchors to catch?

Send me $1,000 Nigriaan Dollars by Express Payments, and I will do that for you, no worries

Edited by LadyG

Just now, system 4-50 said:

How about some kind person installing a cable across riverbeds some 100ft above all canalboat weirs? Would that help cheap anchors to catch?

Some kind person has installed a cable about 4 feet above the weir at many River locations - ideally placed to allow a NB to broadside in the flow and nicely 'roll under' the cable.

They even provide 'rollers' to assist it rolling underneath the wire and to save it getting caught up.

For some reason (maybe to hide the true purpose) they call these rollers 'Dolphins' (nice playful chappies providing much laughter & enjoyment for boaters).

Mind you - it is the correct height for boats designed for use on rivers.

Cromwell Weir Stock Photos & Cromwell Weir Stock Images - Alamy

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

By snagging on the weir crest after the boat has gone over it ...

Are, I didn't think of that, when we get back to the boat, probably July by the look of it I was going to check the battery water level first, but maybe I should drag the anchor out of the lock, check the shackle is the right color and if necessary paint it green. ?

• Haha 2