Boating after lock down is lifted.

larrysanders

Featured Posts

Hi, 

I'm currently waiting on lock down to be lifted and CRT to ease restrictions - so we can start making the second series of 'Canal Boat Diaries' with Robbie Cumming for BBCFOUR.  This years trip was meant to start at the beginning of April.  So I'm interested to know - will you start boating as soon as lock down is lifted - or will you wait a while?  Could it be a quieter summer on the canals?   Be interested to hear your thoughts.         

I would think that as soon as it starts, it will be mayhem. People will not be travelling abroad, major tourist resorts and theme parks will probably not be deemed safe, so canal holidays will be hot property.

• Greenie 1

I bought my boat to live on, it was due to come down on the 23rd of March- which turned out to be the day of lock down. Yey! So literally as soon as I am able to get her down here I will be out and about. It's been so long since we saw her that she doesn't seem real anymore. I've been waiting with my things packed ready to move for the last 7 weeks. Hopefully it will happen soon.

• Love 1

Currently stuck in London - want to get up to Banbury (via Lechlade) for blacking and back into town for winter; so, the trip relies not only on the lockdown being lifted, but the EA repairing the (currently 5, I think) stoppages on the Thames.  Otherwise it's going to be the GU up to Braunston and then South to Tooley's on the outward leg, which means my Gold Licence going to waste this year...

5 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

I was talking to a chap today who has a holiday booked in Australia and New Zealand, he said its 14 days quarantine three times as things stand 

Be a bit longer than that as Australia's borders are currently closed to all except Australian citizens, residents and immediate family members.  Don't think we will be opening our international borders this year even though our state (QLD) hasn't had a case for nearly a week.  

13 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

My resident visa expired while we were here in england. Dont know how thats going to work, now I have retired.

Advised no vevo no return

Yeap - There is also a ban on Australians travelling abroad.  We could leave on our UK passports (if parents/family become ill) but then of course we would be 'stuck' in the UK as we can't return on a different passport to the one we left on

37 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

A TV star

After watching some of the programmes, he is as much a swimming star as a TV star. If the ratings were as high as the number of people he managed to converse with on his travels, I'm amazed there will be a second series.