Canalplan route planner down

Galilee

Featured Posts

26 minutes ago, Galilee said:

https://canalplan.org.uk/cgi-bin/canal.cgi

Does anyone know how long this has been down? I haven't used it for a while, for obvious reasons. It looks like a simple one to fix, so hopefully it'll be back soon...

Try -

https://canalplan.org.uk/

That worked for me at 14:26 - sometimes the 'extra bits' only work once you're in an application...

I get the fatal syntax error message when I try it on my PC (Firefox browser)

For the last week or so, the home page has had a message saying that a new version of the software was about to be installed, giving a better experience for mobiles on the route-planning page and a few small improvements for PC users. Maybe it's in the middle of being installed right now - or maybe the installation has hit a snag.

Or maybe we all broke it last week on the Virtual BCN Challenge?

The official explanation is

"I made it so you couldn't create a place with a pre-existing name, even if UTF-8 folded. What I didn't do was prevent you renaming a place like that. There's a check on rename, but it doesn't check the UTF8 folding."

• Greenie 1

12 hours ago, StephenA said:

The official explanation is

"I made it so you couldn't create a place with a pre-existing name, even if UTF-8 folded. What I didn't do was prevent you renaming a place like that. There's a check on rename, but it doesn't check the UTF8 folding."

No use confusing us with science, it's working now, that's good enough for us ?

Thank you Stephen.