Exol Pride on the move

LadyG

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, LadyG said:

I have a bow line to a big bollard, but the centre line was attached instead of all springs because I was paiinting the gunwales yesterday, those pins have shifted.

She was coming past at tickover, walking pace  I would say.in order to dock a hundred meters along the canal. yes impressive.

I understand they don't like change, it may be something to do with the fact that I am now on the best mooring in the Marina, ?

Do those moorings belong to the marina now?  

• Greenie 1

Those moorings outside the marina on the grassy bank have always been 14 day CRT visitor moorings so I'm confused when you say you are on the best moorings in the marina,  (which they aren't by the way because I've got them). ?.  If times were normal those moorings would be chock-a-block with visiting boats and would be monitored by CRT licence checkers.  I can't see how the marina would get to take them on because the amount of visitor moorings in Goole are inadequate at the best of times.  It would be making life especially difficult for boats coming off the tidal if there were even less visitor moorings. 

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, Joe Bourke said:

Those moorings outside the marina on the grassy bank have always been 14 day CRT visitor moorings so I'm confused when you say you are on the best moorings in the marina,  (which they aren't by the way because I've got them). ?.  If times were normal those moorings would be chock-a-block with visiting boats and would be monitored by CRT licence checkers.  I can't see how the marina would get to take them on because the amount of visitor moorings in Goole are inadequate at the best of times.  It would be making life especially difficult for boats coming off the tidal if there were even less visitor moorings. 

So the marina charges LadyG for a mooring and then puts her on a CRT free mooring outside the marina, sounds a good business plan to me.

25 minutes ago, Joe Bourke said:

I don't think the marina put her there,  maybe they suggested it to keep the peace. ?

I don't wish to disuss my  business on a public forum nor do I intend to be the centre of the malicious gossip-mongers in this marina any longer.

Edited by LadyG

Time and Tide wait for no man,

.................... another commercial firing up now, about 75 Decibels, cf my Isuzu 33LB4 estimated output about 61!

• Greenie 1

Just now, LadyG said:

Time and Tide wait for no man,

.................... another commercial firing up now, about 75 Decibels, cf my Isuzu 33LB4 estimated output about 61!

Keith an ex working boatman said they shortened it to wot I said for the boats.  I have been on the Pride and the Princess when they reverse past our moorings, not something I would want to do