Bullying by locals

Timx

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Dont know how youve got 170,...the thread die on post 193 (May 27th), and was resurrected in spectacular fashion by ezzameg today.

Because I couldn't remember what number posting it was where it took off, I knew someone would know and put me straight. maybe it was 190

On 17/05/2020 at 19:36, LadyG said:

I think the girl has probably had enough, I know I have.

I could hardly believe this is dragging on, so many hurtful and negative comments. 

I think it is outrageous, and really little to do with boating , a lot to do with ranting by some very unpleasant people.

1. Well then why are you still commenting if you have had enough!!!

2. Your passive agressive jibs are as hurtful and negative as anyone elses you dont get to ride the moral high ground beause you decide when it suits.

3. Clearly you dont live out on the cut or live a genuine travelling lifestyle and have the life experiences thus far that this 14 year old has and others like myself have experienced from bullying members of the public and the measures required to send them packing and put them in their places!!!

Perhaps its because you are of the same entitled personality type of those arrongant individuals yourself, delicious dellusion I belive its called, good luck with that one Ive seen how that turns out...

• Greenie 1

47 minutes ago, gemmaze said:

2. Your passive aggressive jibs

Lady G had deep-water sailing experience, so I'm sure she has experience of jibs.

They don't look either passive or aggressive. Perhaps she's having a luff.

jib diagram.jpg

• 4 months later...
14 minutes ago, blackrose said:

That doesn't surprise me. I've learned in life that when someone claims to be a repeat victim you've got to start to wonder if it's actually them that's the real problem.

13 hours ago, Pie Eater said:

According to the latest "narrowboat girl" vlog it seems like there is another boater trying to bully them on the Ashby canal.

I just looked at her Video and mum is on now 

15 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I just looked at her Video and mum is on now 

This is my first look at the family in question’s blog, and I have to say that she seems reasonable. People do need to give a bit of leeway especially when living on board during difficult times.

How alike the mother and daughter are!  They can both talk non stop for over a quarter of an hour ? .  It does sound though as if the other boater is being unreasonable but we only have one side of the story.

haggis

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, haggis said:

How alike the mother and daughter are!  They can both talk non stop for over a quarter of an hour ? .  It does sound though as if the other boater is being unreasonable but we only have one side of the story.

haggis

Certainly she makes valid points - but what a wofflefest! She takes sixteen minutes to say what could more effectively been expressed in three.

5 minutes ago, haggis said:

haggis

She did say run an hour in the morning and an hour at NIGHT but didn't give any indication of time

1 minute ago, Athy said:

Certainly she makes valid points - but what a wofflefest! She takes sixteen minutes to say what could more effectively been expressed in three.

It re-enforced why I don't watch these videos 

1 hour ago, haggis said:

haggis

Yes, I guess we can only really tell who is being reasonable/unreasonable if we also hear what the other parties have to say about it. However, the fact that one party seems to be having the same problem with lots of different people might give one cause not to take their account at face value. I never had any of these sorts of problems with other people in my years of CCing, and I know single women that CC who don't have problems. So when I hear that someone is continuously having these issues and repeatedly claiming to be a victim it does make me wonder. 

Edited by blackrose

1 hour ago, haggis said:

haggis

Each of the points she makes is individually quite reasonable, but I do get the impression that overall she is pushing against the spirit of the CC requirements, if sticking to the letter of them. She mentioned her "entitlement" to stay put more than once, and I can see how that might get up the nose of others. That said, it does seem as if the other boater is being a bit unreasonable too.

I watched the video last night and would agree with all the points made so far.

The 'villian' appears to be acting unreasonably and the poster responding reasonably.

But cutting through the waffle her arguments seem to be:

We can't move because we need a wifi signal because my daughter needs the internet because she needs her education because she is home schooled.

And:

We need to run our generator twice a day because we need the electricity because we need to charge our laptops because my daughter needs the internet because she needs her education because she is home schooled.

While the poster appears to be acting reasonably I can't help thinking she is bending the rules to suit her choice of lifestyle.

Perhaps I should add I loathe generators with a passion and as an ex teacher I think home schooling is just plain wrong.

(And I am aware other opinions are available)

ETA On a technicial note, she says they have lithium batteries and some solar power. If so should she need to run her generator twice a day? Perhaps a power audit might go some way to resolving the problem.

Edited by Victor Vectis
  • Greenie 2

8 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

She certainly can ramble, on the face of it her points sounded reasonable tbh but like you I skipped much of it

On and ON and ON & on & ON  and on and On &..............................................................  

They could nag a brick to dust.

The budgie fell off its perch with boredom.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Victor Vectis said:

I watched the video last night and would agree with all the points made so far.

The 'villian' appears to be acting unreasonably and the poster responding reasonably.

But cutting through the waffle her arguments seem to be:

We can't move because we need a wifi signal because my daughter needs the internet because she needs her education because she is home schooled.

And:

We need to run our generator twice a day because we need the electricity because we need to charge our laptops because my daughter needs the internet because she needs her education because she is home schooled.

While the poster appears to be acting reasonably I can't help thinking she is bending the rules to suit her choice of lifestyle.

Perhaps I should add I loathe generators with a passion and as an ex teacher I think home schooling is just plain wrong.

(And I am aware other opinions are available)

ETA On a technicial note, she says they have lithium batteries and some solar power. If so should she need to run her generator twice a day? Perhaps a power audit might go some way to resolving the problem.

Home schooling is barmy. A major part of going to school is learning how to interact with people the rest of your life, very much like puppy classes. I don't know for sure but I reckon many home school kids are brought up as vegans ?

6 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

She did say run an hour in the morning and an hour at NIGHT but didn't give any indication of time

We've had this recently, a boat moored directly opposite at the start of the last lockdown, stern end blocking easy exit/entry to the marina, ran engine 2 or 3 times a day(including well after 8 on several occasions), and sat there for 6 weeks.

It was more than annoying, but not enough to go all the way round and have a word. They also went back and forth to water point with rolling barrels instead of just untying and chugging for 10 minutes. 

The boat finally left last Saturday, and it is wonderful to have a clear view again, and be able to talk to people on the towpath.

We have heard it is coming back for Christmas, words WILL be had if they moor in same place.