Bullying by locals

Timx

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, nicknorman said:

(snip) A similar thing happened with “its” vs it’s”. These were pointed out to me on here. I welcomed the learning, and now I tend to get it right. (snip)

Blimey, I thought they taught that at proper schools :D:cheers:

Just now, nicknorman said:

somehow I managed to get it the wrong way round at some point in my life. Its all sorted now.

[suppresses merry quip which springs to his mind.]

6 hours ago, LadyG said:

Oh look, Happy Nomad gave Restless Nomad [the one with insight on the OP's  situation, and and a Law Degree in Utter  Rubbish, a greenie.  Coincidence or just pathetic?  Leave the kid alone, you bankers of the 99th order.

you deserve a greenie for this discovery... ?

9 hours ago, haza said:

yes i have tried spellchecker thanks ..dislexia affects people in many different ways .not that i am ashamed of it .worse things happen at sea .when i done two years at music college some tutors compared me to chauser lol .i never said blizz was not one of good guys if offended sorry .but i do bite some times and i now i should not ,i cope with this .what  dont like is trying to hide behind it ,you would laugh if you knew how many times i rewrite and read over what i post on here.reads fine too me .but maybe not for others and i get that ..any way i got what i wanted thanks to canalworld folks so thanks .see ya down the cut some day soon .stay safe 

Join the club. You should try and read some of my Blogs

16 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Join the club. You should try and read some of my Blogs

you don't seem dyslexic at all, I mean making a spelling mistake here and there is normal, plus browsers now a days make it easy to correct, unless one really wants to make a point and suffers from attention seeking disorder.

apologies if I sound like I got sympathy deficit disorder...  one day people will get less mad at people like me... :)

1 hour ago, restlessnomad said:

you don't seem dyslexic at all, I mean making a spelling mistake here and there is normal, plus browsers now a days make it easy to correct, unless one really wants to make a point and suffers from attention seeking disorder.

apologies if I sound like I got sympathy deficit disorder...  one day people will get less mad at people like me... :)

That's fine, I have never been diagnosed as dyslexic and yes I get buy but it is slightly more than the odd spelling mistake and if others had not brought the subject up I wouldn't have mentioned it. I am still a happy bunny. PS you should tray and read something I write with a pen, not only for the quality of the writing but also my spelling gets ten times worse with a pen than a keyboard. the keyboard seems to give me a window out 

• Greenie 1

lol  ditchcrawler  your a brave person using pen and paper .that made me laugh.and yes when you said the keyboard gives you a window out ,thats very very true and i agree . ditchcrawler i think you are missing some thing out here ..pens and paper yes .? dont forget the waste paper bin 

On 21/05/2020 at 13:21, LadyG said:

You are soooooooooo innocent, the  Nomads are related, of course, so in order to try to get a "won the day award", they give each other greenies, it's pathetic. I find this sort of behaviour incestuous!

Incest, the game the whole family can play, new from M&B games this Christmas!

I remember walking past a moored boat some years ago and the owner popped up like a jack in the box to hurl abuse at me for looking into his boat. When I suggested he should draw the towpath side curtains the abuse got even worse. I smiled at him and wished him a pleasant day which for some reason made him even crosser.

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, manxmike said:

Incest, the game the whole family can play, new from M&B games this Christmas!

I remember walking past a moored boat some years ago and the owner popped up like a jack in the box to hurl abuse at me for looking into his boat. When I suggested he should draw the towpath side curtains the abuse got even worse. I smiled at him and wished him a pleasant day which for some reason made him even crosser.

:clapping:

A good tactic. Last year at Napton locks some boorish oaf on a shareboat found reasons to insult me and Mrs. Athy as he charged past. After each tirade I smiled and said "Thank you". It didn't seem to placate him at all.

11 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Is that "Mother & Brother" ?

I thought it was a brewery?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search

For the pub and restaurant company, see Mitchells & Butlers.
Mitchells & Butlers
M+B Blue Gates pub Smethwick.JPG
Mitchells & Butlers brand over the door of the 1932 Blue Gates pub, Smethwick
Mitchells & Butlers 1925.jpg
The Cape Hill brewery, on a 1925 postcard
Industry Brewing
Fate Merged with Bass
Founded 1898
Defunct 1961
Headquarters , 

Mitchells & Butlers Brewery was formed when Henry Mitchell's old Crown Brewery[1] (founded in Smethwick in 1866) merged with William Butler's Brewery (also founded in Smethwick in 1866) in 1898.[2] Henry Mitchell had moved to the Cape Hill site in 1879[1] and this became the company's main brewing site. It had its own railway network,[3] connected to the national railway system from 1907–1962, via the Harborne line.[3]

220px-The_Queens_Arms_pub_-_Charlotte_St

An original Mitchells & Butlers Brewery pub, The Queens Arms, in central Birmingham

Various acquisitions included Holder's Brewers, who owned Birmingham's Midland Brewery, in 1919.[4] The company merged with Bass in 1961.[2] With the brand under ownership of Coors Brewers, the brewery closed in 2002 with production switched to Burton upon Trent.[5] The brewery was undergoing demolition in 2005.[3] The site is now a housing estate, although the Mitchell & Butler war memorial, built in 1920, has been retained and restored.[6]

Their most famous beer was Brew XI (using Roman numerals, and so pronounced Brew Eleven), advertised with the slogan "for the men of the Midlands".[7] It is now brewed under licence for Coors by Brains of Cardiff.[7]

A descendant company, which manages pubs, bars and restaurants throughout the United Kingdom, is still known as Mitchells & Butlers plc, and is based in Birmingham.[8]

See also

34 minutes ago, Athy said:

A good tactic. Last year at Napton locks some boorish oaf on a shareboat found reasons to insult me and Mrs. Athy as he charged past. After each tirade I smiled and said "Thank you". It didn't seem to placate him at all.

I

35 minutes ago, Athy said:

This falls into the "Half past three" response which also infuriates:cheers:

However, I would just gently like to ask the relevance of "boorish oaf on a shareboat is"? Speaking as one myself, obviously. Not a necessary remark and surely he/she was a boater just like you?

Howard

1 minute ago, Athy said:

How many remarks on CWDF are actually "necessary"?

No, he certainly was not just like me. I have better manners.

Yes I would go along completely about some remarks on CWDF but as many others have said that is what makes a discussion forum.

I think you slightly miss my point, Athy. He may well have been a prat, but so are many other boaters.  It was the unspoken implication that boorish oaf and shareboats seem to go together that mildly rankled?

Howard (shareboater and happy to be so)!!:boat:

3 minutes ago, howardang said:

Yes I would go along completely about some remarks on CWDF but as many others have said that is what makes a discussion forum.

I think you slightly miss my point, Athy. He may well have been a prat, but so are many other boaters.  It was the unspoken implication that boorish oaf and shareboats seem to go together that mildly rankled?

Howard (shareboater and happy to be so)!!:boat:

It was unspoken because I wasn't implying it. It was simply factual.

2 hours ago, manxmike said:

A man after my own heart!