Bullying by locals

Timx

Featured Posts

26 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

Before jumping in with both feet I suggest you get your facts straight. She is not a child.

I don’t know how to create a link. 
She would be 14 years old now according to the following paragraph taken from an online issue of Waterfront;

Making the transition from land to water has been an exciting adventure for 12-year-old Emma, her mum Fiona and their five dogs, who’ve been cruising the canal network in their floating home since May 2018. It’s been particularly exciting for Emma, who began making video blogs and launched her own YouTube channel Narrowboat Girl

Edited by Goliath

1 hour ago, Graham Davis said:

Agreed, but the "problem" is that her mask is vented, and this drastically reduces its effectiveness.

Before jumping in with both feet I suggest you get your facts straight. She is not a child.

She is 14, she is a child, I imagine only she and you would disagree.

If you think she is an adult, to be treated as an adult, I would want to keep kids far away from you.

• Greenie 2

I think the girl has probably had enough, I know I have.

I could hardly believe this is dragging on, so many hurtful and negative comments. 

I think it is outrageous, and really little to do with boating , a lot to do with ranting by some very unpleasant people.

Edited by LadyG
  • Greenie 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, haza said:

and your point is bizzard 

I would say gently ribbing you as the original version is 'hear hear' not 'here here'.

As 'hear this and I agree'. ?

Edited by The Happy Nomad
Add a missing word.

hear hear here  here . yer he seems to do a lot of that on canalworld .we are all not so well  blessed with good grammer or spelling .sarcasm is the lowest form of wit ..stay safe every one 

7 hours ago, haza said:

hear hear here  here . yer he seems to do a lot of that on canalworld .we are all not so well  blessed with good grammer or spelling .sarcasm is the lowest form of wit ..stay safe every one 

I don't think it was sarcasm, Bizz is not known for that, perhaps. 

Can't you use spellcheck? Helps with grammar [I know this 'cos I went to Uddingston Grammar School, that might be classed as irony, given my sometime cryptic clues on here.

Edited by LadyG

4 hours ago, Athy said:

As both "hear" and "here" are correct words, would a spell-checker be of any help?

The spelling also depends on whether you are agreeing with someone or calling your dog. ?

Edited by cuthound
Phat phingers
  • Greenie 2

5 hours ago, Athy said:

As both "hear" and "here" are correct words, would a spell-checker be of any help?

5 hours ago, Athy said:

might help with his grammer

• Haha 1

On 09/05/2020 at 07:23, restlessnomad said:

I think she parked her boat behind somebody's house, stayed there for few days and home owner fought with them. After the conflict they probably moved and called the police.

With CCers being allowed to stay for infinite period, there is bound to be some conflict with home owners who will think some water gypsy just rocked up on a boat and now lives behind their house.

I am not taking everything she says at face value, police did the right thing in resolving the conflict, what else ppl expect from police.

Oh look, Happy Nomad gave Restless Nomad [the one with insight on the OP's  situation, and and a Law Degree in Utter  Rubbish, a greenie.  Coincidence or just pathetic?  Leave the kid alone, you bankers of the 99th order.

Edited by LadyG
  • Greenie 1

1 minute ago, LadyG said:

Oh look, Happy Nomad gave Restless Nomad [the one with insight on the O

P's  situation, a greenie.  Coincidence or just pathetic?  Leave the kid alone, you bankers of the 99th order.

Members are allowed to give each greenoes for any reason they wish. They are not discouraged from appreciating each other's posts. Why should it be a problem?

Are nomads a protected ethnic group yet? If so, you could be in trouble.

4 minutes ago, Athy said:

Members are allowed to give each greenoes for any reason they wish. They are not discouraged from appreciating each other's posts. Why should it be a problem?

Are nomads a protected ethnic group yet? If so, you could be in trouble.

You are soooooooooo innocent, the  Nomads are related, of course, so in order to try to get a "won the day award", they give each other greenies, it's pathetic. I find this sort of behaviour incestuous!

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

You are soooooooooo innocent, the  Nomads are related, of course, so in order to try to get a "won the day award", they give each other greenies, 

Well, it beats being sooo guilty.

I can find no indication that the Nomads are related, but I bow to McSherlock's investigative abilities.

:D

7 minutes ago, LadyG said:

You are soooooooooo innocent, the  Nomads are related, of course, so in order to try to get a "won the day award", they give each other greenies, it's pathetic. I find this sort of behaviour incestuous!

What rubbish. I have no idea who the other Nomad is.

3 minutes ago, Athy said:

I can find no indication that the Nomads are related, but I bow to McSherlock's investigative abilities.

:D

It's a good job she doesn't make a living as a detective because she'd be sacked after the first day.

13 hours ago, haza said:

You could regard it as a learning opportunity! For everyone, good grammar and spelling comes from getting it wrong and being corrected. I used to use “jealousy” when the correct word should have been “envy” (yes, they are subtlety different!). A similar thing happened with “its” vs it’s”. These were pointed out to me on here. I welcomed the learning, and now I tend to get it right. It can be the case that people have poor spelling and grammar because they are unable to receive correction and thus unable to learn (there are of course other reasons too). Their choice, but in my opinion learning should have a status above pride.

• Greenie 3

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

Oh look, Happy Nomad gave Restless Nomad [the one with insight on the OP's  situation, and and a Law Degree in Utter  Rubbish, a greenie.  Coincidence or just pathetic?  Leave the kid alone, you bankers of the 99th order.

On more than one occasion I have accidently given someone a greeny by clicking that little arrow when moving on 

1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

You could regard it as a learning opportunity! For everyone, good grammar and spelling comes from getting it wrong and being corrected. I used to use “jealousy” when the correct word should have been “envy” (yes, they are subtlety different!). A similar thing happened with “its” vs it’s”. These were pointed out to me on here. I welcomed the learning, and now I tend to get it right. It can be the case that people have poor spelling and grammar because they are unable to receive correction and thus unable to learn (there are of course other reasons too). Their choice, but in my opinion learning should have a status above pride.

Sorry you will have to put up with what I post, I will try to use the spill chucker but for some reason, that has played up lately and it often doesn't know what word I wanted to use

7 hours ago, LadyG said:

I don't think it was sarcasm, Bizz is not known for that, perhaps. 

Can't you use spellcheck? Helps with grammar [I know this 'cos I went to Uddingston Grammar School, that might be classed as irony, given my sometime cryptic clues on here.

Perhaps you should go back for a refresher course.

42 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

On more than one occasion I have accidently given someone a greeny by clicking that little arrow when moving on 

You can remove them if you didnt intend to give one. Just press it again.

56 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

He is being funny, making a jape or having a giggle, of the members on here Buzzard has, as far as I have seen, never engaged in sniping at others.

Often he is an insane genius with his plans or build ideas, other times he gives freely of his very wide mechanical knowledge.

He has even gone to sort some unknown boater when they are  in a pickle................. and post a full technical report on here, so we can all learn somethng.

One of the good guys.

Edited by LadyG